Coral - interesting

sarajane

O.G.
Nov 30, 2006
This season's bright coral hasn't been a hit with us but I heard something interesting. Apparently bags, styles or colours can linger and not sell - even in the outlets - and then Mulberry does some marketing & whoooosh, you can't get that style or colour for love nor money.
This happened with the Mabel. The bag was coming through into the outlets & not selling particularly fast then the ad campaign started & bingo - hot cakes.
So far there's not been any promo for the coral but the bet is that as soon as there is, it'll be a colour everyone wants.

alycat

O.G.
Sep 16, 2006
Mmm, interesting. That wouldn't surprise me about the coral actually. It's a gorgeous colour - just too bright for me personally. But I think it would be very versatile - lovely and zingy for spring/summer, and would look equally stunning with more muted browns or creams for winter....

kroquet

Sep 18, 2007
I think its a gorgeous color, and you are probably right. A little marketing can do wonders. When I opened the seville Jody, I almost had a stroke and not in a good way. The color just jumped at me and I jumped back! But then when one of my co-workers thru it over her shoulder, it looked fab. Then DH really liked it, so I fell in love at second sight.
The coral most likely would look great with browns in the winter. Actually, I have a tweed like cardi that has all diff colors running thru it, coral included. hmmmmmmmm.............. bag ban!

sarajane

O.G.
Nov 30, 2006
It's one of those colours that shouts 'CORAL!'
It's be great for when you're out - friends & family would never lose you!
The Agyness looked good and there was a gorgeous Bays. I've got enough bright coloured summer bags, I really need to concentrate on a red (once the bag ban is over of course!)

sarajane

O.G.
Nov 30, 2006
SJ you could carry off coral , no problem....
It's a colour I really like but having taken my family pic, I realised I'm a bit unbalanced - my collection is a right old mish mash.
I definitely want a red bag (!!) and I'd like to add something in plain black, dark navy & green.
I think the new a/w colours might be right up my street.

sarajane

O.G.
Nov 30, 2006
Dita was really lucky to get the navy because, apparently, Mulberry never went ahead & ordered it in. Shepton only ever got 2!
Hula - I don't know all the colours but I heard Rox is coming out in red, mustard & emerald. Apparently it's going to be bright colours for the A/W

ditab

Mulberryaholic
O.G.
Dec 13, 2006
I love the coral shade - it does really pop - but I don't think I'd buy anything as it's not really my style. I'm thinking about the Seville Jody but that's not really coral, is it?

I do love my Poppy but she's been in her dustbag for 2 weeks now while I'm rotating black Araline (in the rain ie every day) and vanilla Roxy (when it's dry ie 1 day in the last fortnight :rolleyes:)

sarajane, I've heard that there were only 2 places that ordered the navy Poppy (can't remember where but they were northern department stores I think) Isn't that weird, given that it was in a couple of magazines/style supplements/tv etc? I'm secretly pleased as it makes mine feel a bit more special :yahoo: