Copper Maggie vs. Copper Claire

mayhurst

O.G.
Aug 19, 2008
I am trying to decide between these two bags. I already own a graphite patent Maggie (smaller size) and an espresso Julianne, as well as other Coach styles in various sizes, so neither one would fill a void in my collection.
I would love to hear opinions about those two copper bags. Thanks!
:ty:

Last edited:
I have the Copper Maggie and she is gorgeous.. Now the texture on this bag is a soft pebble...

The Claire has the same teture and the bag is really pretty, and it is at the Outlets now..
I am not a fan of the Claire - do not like the end shape.

The Outlet also has the Copper Audrey and this bag is just stunning...

I just picked up a Copper Claire at my outlet and she is lovely! I didn't like the shape of the Claire at first, but it really grew on me. I saw an Coach SA leaving work with a bone Claire and I thought it looked great! After that, I decided to try them on and I really like them. I have 3 Claires now and I would actually consider buying more if they show up at my outlet.

With the Maggies, I have the opposite situation. I LOVED them at first and tried on every colour in the store. I eventually went home with one but later returned it cuz I wasn't "in love" with it. After that, I tried other colours on again, but to this day, I still do not have a Maggie. So, I guess I'm partial to the Claire :P

Thank you for your opinions! I was wondering if the Claire would grow on me. I do use wristlets for organizing my bags, but am still trying to determine whether I like one big undivided space or the compartments of the Maggie. I would love to hear opinions about the two types of designs (one space or divided), as well.

Again my OUTLET SUCKS ( FP at the store )I have the Copper Clair and also like it - its a different shape then Iam used to carrying but have gotten compliments. Sorry I had to vent but come on this is getting old............. I dont mind one space divided actualy drives me crazy for some reason I guess I dont want so much organization but that me

I am definately partial to the copper maggie, it is one of the few bags I paid FP for without a PCE. I LOVE it! I had a claire in a different color and returned it, I thought the shape looked wierd on me.

I actually bought the copper Maggie at FP, too, but haven't used it or cut the tags off yet (I did get the PCE discount at least). Even though the Claire is cheaper (outlet plus 20% off), I'm trying to decide not based on price.
For those with a copper Claire...does the bag soften up? The shape does not seem as flattering on me as the Maggie, at least while it's somewhat stiff.
Thanks again everyone for your opinions...very helpful. :smile:

i have the copper claire and LOVE it, i never liked the claire before but i used it today to do a lot of shopping and carried it in my elbow and it worked great. it is very structured but the leather is sooo soft... doesn't need to break in in my opinion. i always recommend getting a different style than you already have to vary your collection but if you want a maggie go for it, this copper leather is just really awesome

Hi,
I have seen both the Copper Claire and Audrey at my outlet!! They are both very pretty!! I almost got the Audrey but couldn't pass on a Sabrina so I got her instead!!
I would get the Claire (even though I am more partial to Sabrina and Julianne than the Audrey and the Claire!) The Claire is different and since you have a Maggie, go for Claire!!!
Good Luck!!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I owned the Copper Audrey but returned it as it was too big and boxy for me. I like the Maggie style better, but in this particular color, the beautiful 3 tone hardware combination is lost on the Maggie. That is why I did not get it, to me that is what really stands out about this bag. Not sure if the hardware is prominent on the Claire or not. Here are pics of the Audrey if you want to see what I mean. Hope this is helpul in some way. Let us know what you decide!
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/copper-audrey-ink-maggie-pce-pics-mini-review-508635.html