Travel Copenhagen + Scandinavia/Baltic/Russia Cruise

You will have a fabulous time in Copenhagen, Heart Star! I really love it there. I find the Danish people to be very friendly, in general (not in an "effusive" American way, but still very awesome :biggrin:).

If you have time, a great place to visit (for free) is the botanical gardens. Spectacular. One of my favorite shops, along the way to Nyhavn, is Superlove. Very cute housewares, and some great Danish clothing brands, too. http://www.superlove.dk/

As for fashion tips, you will be perfect in your dresses and cardis. Possibly you might want to wear tights. Depending on where you are coming from you may already be acclimated to the weather. The Danes love scarves, and if you were going to buy any item of clothing there, that might be something you could stock up on. :lol: I do recommend flat shoes. Lots, and lots of cobblestone streets. Same goes for Malmo, Sweden. :smile:

Thank you so much for all the suggestions/advice nori west. I've already been on the super love website :P
I'm really looking forward to the trip!

Its been pretty cold so far. Around 50F° today. It might be warm and you can use a dress and sandels but prepare for jeans and sneakers. Really, there isn't much you can were that would make you stick out. Also, as for bags. Bring whatever you like, everything works.

Thanks Mediana,
I'm OK in cooler weather but 50 degrees IS is little cool for my uniform :smile:
I've added jeans and sneakers to my list, along with my rain jacket/

Thank you so much for all the suggestions/advice nori west. I've already been on the super love website :P
I'm really looking forward to the trip!

I know you will have a wonderful time! I really feel that it is a magical place. It is a bit expensive, but also top notch. Don't forget to try the local foods like Smørrebrød. :biggrin:

Btw, the last time I was in Copenhagen, and I went to Rosenborg Castle (another wonderful piece of history), who should I see as I was leaving... but Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. :lol: Of course, I did not say anything (except to whisper discretely to my s.o.). It was raining at the time, and Ryan held the umbrella for Blake. :biggrin:

I know you will have a wonderful time! I really feel that it is a magical place. It is a bit expensive, but also top notch. Don't forget to try the local foods like Smørrebrød. :biggrin:

Btw, the last time I was in Copenhagen, and I went to Rosenborg Castle (another wonderful piece of history), who should I see as I was leaving... but Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. :lol: Of course, I did not say anything (except to whisper discretely to my s.o.). It was raining at the time, and Ryan held the umbrella for Blake. :biggrin:

Thank you nori west! I'm really looking forward to it.

That's a cute story. You never know who you can see in your travels :smile:
I've seen Ryan Reynolds myself in a grocery store in Vancouver years ago - long before Blake...or Scarlett for that matter :P