Food COOKWARE? What do you love?

lvpiggy - for which brand is better in pots, its personal choice.just make sure its good quality and has a warranty. Cuisinart, all clad, kitchenaid etc are all good. Just opt for the professional line or chefs line for a high quality piece. Also, while a non stick fry pan is a must for eggs, and a few other things, for everything else I can't stress enough... STAINLESS STEEL!! It is harder to cook with when you are learning (you have to make sure to season them, keep them hot enough so nothing burns etc.) but trust me!! In the end they are better in all regards! Evenly distribute heat, cook more evenly, don't flake or have a coating to scratch off and so on.

For cookie sheets and such, if you splurge on a pampered chef stone you will not regret it. Uunlike other materials, these regulate heat and make for even baking, less burning and they absorb moisture which means you don't have to flip things over halfway through and still get food that's non soggy. Homade sweet potatoe fries have never been easier! lol!! It will even PREVENT some burning as if you leave them in the oven a little too long it will absorb more heat along with the food and therfor not end up with burnt cookie bottoms!!

For accesseries, silicone with a high thresh hold for heat is preferred. Both cuisnart and kitchenaid have great starter sets in an assortment of colours that would be great. A slotted turner, unslotted turner, spoon, slotted spoon, whisk as well as a few spatulas in different sizes.

Never forget wooden spoons but be careful. You want a wood that is not going to absorb food and stains. Bamboo is a great option. If you have issues finding them, pampered chef makes great ones!

Hope this helps a bit! Embrace cooking! Its not ony fun, its empowering to be able to control what is actually going into your food, and everyone loves when you share or cook for others!!

After getting more into cooking in the past few months, I think I'm ready for some "nice" cookware! I'd prefer to slowly accumulate individual quality pieces that will last for years, rather than a whole set of items I don't really need right away. For the time being, since I live alone, I only really need a small 2 quart sauce pan & an 8- or 10-inch saute pan.

I'm willing to spend up to $150/piece - what would you recommend? Any strong opinions for or against non-stick? I'm feeling pretty ambivalent right now between the two . . .

also, any recommendations for other cooking utensils like slotted turner, whisk, etc?

I love All-Clad Ltd. with the black bottoms. I strongly prefer regular vs. non-stick because I'm old enough to remember those horrible Teflon pans where the non-stick would scrape off, but the technology has improved. You can even do eggs/omlets in the regular pans if you heat the pan before adding butter. I have two skillets (8 and 10 inch), two saute pans with lids ( 2 and 4 quart, but 4 quart is ususally only used if I have people over) and one sauce pan with lid (3 quart) and that pretty much covers my cooking needs and I cook almost every day. I have a few other things like a roasting pan, stock pot and a Dutch overn but you don't need those to start. I like the silicone spatulas from OXO as well.

Last edited:
I recently got 2 pieces from Staub and am a fan. I have their 6 quart Coq au Vin cocotte and the 3.5 quart pumpkin (it was irresistible). Since they can be used both on the stovetop and in the oven I get more mileage out of each piece. Plus the enameled cast iron works well on our unforgiving glass top stove.

Hi ladies - I know this is a cookware thread but I'm hoping I can diverge a bit and get some recommendations for good bakeware?

I'm prone to buying dark coated, non-stick pans but the finish on some of my bake pans have been rubbing off so I want to get these replaced.

I just am looking for a couple of simple pieces to add: 8" circle pan or roughly 8" x 8" or around there square pan, standard bread loaf pan and 12 cupcake pan.

Anyone have any diehard/solid brands to recommend?

PAMPEREÐ CHEF BAKING STONES!!! Trust me! They get better and better with age, they have great warranties and you will never ever ever burn the bottom of a cookie again!!

Hi ladies - I know this is a cookware thread but I'm hoping I can diverge a bit and get some recommendations for good bakeware?

I'm prone to buying dark coated, non-stick pans but the finish on some of my bake pans have been rubbing off so I want to get these replaced.

I just am looking for a couple of simple pieces to add: 8" circle pan or roughly 8" x 8" or around there square pan, standard bread loaf pan and 12 cupcake pan.

Anyone have any diehard/solid brands to recommend?