Cooking Magazines-Recipes in Magazines

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What do you do with your magazines? Martha Stewart, Real Simple, Bon a Petit, etc...I save a few of the Christmas Cookie magazines or also any that have tons of recipes. Some I do throw out.
    I notice I've been getting quite the little stack in my apartment so I have been cutting out the pages of recipes I like and am going to put them in plastic sheets into a binder.
    What do you guys do with the recipes you find in magazines?
    I do have a recipe box but that's for my own recipes and recipes from friends. Recipes in mags seem to be too big to fit on a card.

2. Depending on the magazine (i.e. Bon Appetit), I don't bother with the recipes since I can find them on epicurious.com. This saves me time, space and money so I don't have to organize pages upon pages of clippings.

For other kinds, I have a binder that I have organized with tabs (appetizers, desserts, etc) and then organize accordingly.

3. ^^ Similarly if the recipe is online I will throw out the magazine.

If I do cut it out I put it in the appropriate section of a binder that I have of recipes. I have a plastic sleeve of recipes per section of recipes to try and I put the cut out there until I make it and if they are good they get moved to a page in that section so I can see it better.

4. I have waaaaaaaaaaay too many cooking magazines. And i can't bear to throw any out because, well, I like waaaay too many recipes.

This is about 20% of my collection (some vogues in there as well!)

[​IMG]

EEEK!

5. ^^^ Love this collection! haha
    I love my computer but I am such a pen and paper type girl. I love to have books and things all in one place. It also helps that I don't have to print out the recipe because I have it from the magazine.
    So...I have started tearing apart the magazines and I place the recipes in those clear sheets and into a binder. So far, looks pretty nice. If i find that I am going to have to rip out too many pages I will just not toss the whole magazine.
    I decided that I am going to have one book for recipes and another for ideas on things I like from magazines...there are always little crafts or even room displays that I want to remember...the way a table looks, etc.

6. I am the same way. I have a recipe binder, a workout binder, and an ideas/tips binder.

7. I do these things too! Even have a binder with magazine photos of decor-looks-I-like. I have magazine pages from 30 years with furniture or drapery looks that still strike my fancy.

I save a few cooking magazines, but mostly I rip out the recipes I like and put them in a binder with plastic sheets. Easier than a computer to remember recipes I like when I'm looking for something to make. Also like the photos and the ability to jot notes on the sheets. DH makes fun of me because he's a guy who can't cook without two laptops on the counter and an Internet connection--seriously!