Convince Me !

So basically Miss Dior bags have caught my eyes recently.I was looking at Promenade Pouch but then SA showed me the smallest size of the actual bag. I've compared both, the mini version is only a bit bigger than the pouch.As for the capacity of each bag,maybe I can add my glasses extra to the mini bag whereas it won't fit in the pouch and that's the difference in capacity.Now the thing I don't understand is why do I have to pay a lot more to get the mini version ? Could someone like tell me why it's worth a lot more ? Which one do you think I should get ? The pouch or mini ? :P

The reason why the mini Miss Dior is almost twice the price is that a lot more work goes into making the mini Miss Dior, and more leather as well. The mini Miss Dior has a larger chain that is easily adjustable, the way the handles are attached is more intricate, the bag is wider, the interior has a leather pocket and Cannage stitching, and there is structural support inside the flap so that it doesn't crease when the handles pull on it (this feature is not in the pouchette version since the strap is not attached to the bag).

The mini Miss Dior is actually a handbag, while the pouchette is considered a large wallet on chain.

If you are fine with the higher price, then I would totally go for the mini Miss Dior. When I saw it in the celebrity thread on Marion Cotillard, it was love at first sight! So adorable!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399441095.448076.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399441095.448076.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 369
The reason why the mini Miss Dior is almost twice the price is that a lot more work goes into making the mini Miss Dior, and more leather as well. The mini Miss Dior has a larger chain that is easily adjustable, the way the handles are attached is more intricate, the bag is wider, the interior has a leather pocket and Cannage stitching, and there is structural support inside the flap so that it doesn't crease when the handles pull on it (this feature is not in the pouchette version since the strap is not attached to the bag).

The mini Miss Dior is actually a handbag, while the pouchette is considered a large wallet on chain.

If you are fine with the higher price, then I would totally go for the mini Miss Dior. When I saw it in the celebrity thread on Marion Cotillard, it was love at first sight! So adorable!

Hmmmm you made me think again about the mini :cool: Although I can pay for the higher price,the bag is not practical enough for me. That bag is just for times to go to pub and nightouts or when I'm going for a walk or something. I will look at the both again. If I decide on the Mini I need to wait a few months before making such purchase. Thanks for the information :biggrin:

Some of the mini bags are just so captivating that they are impossible to resist. As AJ explained, a lot more time, leather, and craftsmanship goes into the mini bags, and they will feature the same design characteristics as their larger counterparts.

I was recently smitten with a mini of a bag I'd had my eye on, and just had to order it up. The price was higher than another mini I was looking at, but sometimes you just have to go with your heart. The money will even out over time with more usage (or so I tell myself if I ever need to justify it).

the reason why the mini miss dior is almost twice the price is that a lot more work goes into making the mini miss dior, and more leather as well. The mini miss dior has a larger chain that is easily adjustable, the way the handles are attached is more intricate, the bag is wider, the interior has a leather pocket and cannage stitching, and there is structural support inside the flap so that it doesn't crease when the handles pull on it (this feature is not in the pouchette version since the strap is not attached to the bag).

The mini miss dior is actually a handbag, while the pouchette is considered a large wallet on chain.

If you are fine with the higher price, then i would totally go for the mini miss dior. When i saw it in the celebrity thread on marion cotillard, it was love at first sight! So adorable!

+1

I think that you should either pay a bit more and get the small miss Dior (as it is quite frankly a gorgeous bag)or go with the pochette, if you want something small to go for walks etc.
Ideally, you would end up with both :smile:

You are SO eloquent. I wanted to say everything you just said, but I couldn't formulate the words.

Yes, I second that. I prefer the mini Miss Dior if price isn't such a big consideration. ;)

They are both beautiful, but I personally love the pouchette. I bought two recently and I just adore them. They are so easy to carry for a night out or errands. I like that the strap is so versatile and it can cross body or double or be totally removed for a clutch. Here are pics of mine, I love it so much I'm planning on getting one in gray too! Good luck deciding, both are great choices!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402866145.413335.jpg

They are both beautiful, but I personally love the pouchette. I bought two recently and I just adore them. They are so easy to carry for a night out or errands. I like that the strap is so versatile and it can cross body or double or be totally removed for a clutch. Here are pics of mine, I love it so much I'm planning on getting one in gray too! Good luck deciding, both are great choices!
View attachment 2653310

Omg that blue is beautiful. Does the colour have any specific name ? I guess that pink one is called 'hot pink' yeah ? I was thinking about that one since it's easier to match with clothes ,I usually wear black in night out so wanna do a colour pop but on the other hand I'm obsessed with blue as well (99% of my bags are different kinds of blue haha). I've also seen this purple patent which is just amazing ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402866644.188609.jpg

Last edited:
Omg that blue is beautiful. Does the colour have any specific name ? I guess that pink one is called 'hot pink' yeah ? I was thinking about that one since it's easier to match with clothes ,I usually wear black in night out so wanna do a colour pop but on the other hand I'm obsessed with blue as well (99% of my bags are different kinds of blue haha). I've also seen this purple patent which is just amazing View attachment 2653313

The blue is called bleu persan and the pink is fuschia. I got the last blue one in the US, but if you are in a different country there may be more. Both colors are great for a pop and the purple one is pretty too!