Conviction and Passion CAN win!

susieserb

Susie
O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
Had a Chanel Jacket on the bay, vintage...authentic..fabulous condition. The only caveat, the size tag was cut off. This piece was purchased from a reputable resale shop.

So I sell the item very reasonably as a BIN and shwoosh off it goes to Australia. Buyer receives item, leaves the jacket a positive response, I do so in kind, life is good right?

Day later buyer throws to claim's dept. that the jacket is fake, wants her money back, states that her proof source is a taylor who alters lots of Chanel jackets. She said this little number was slightly too big. As always, this kind of drama throws you off guard.

I know this thing is the real deal and I tell buyer emphatically. She just wants her money back.

I escalated the claim, sent tons of pictures. Bay tells buyer she has 5 days to document authentication with the stern warning to me, if it's fake you don't get it back, "I'll take my chances I said".

As I suspect, buyer never backs up claim after the 5 day allotment. Naturally ebay is sitting on their thumbs with their final decision, so I reached out to them.

Some random CSR says, "well we've acquitted you (I didn't know I was on trial) thus you get your jacket back, buyer gets money back and we move on". No I say that's not how it works. She keeps the jacket and I keep the money (I had a no return policy). Back and forth, back and forth, me saying the same thing, rep saying the same thing.

I never lost my cool, was uber polite the whole time finally asked to speak to a supervisor. CSR says supervisor will side with him and that my request is useless. I say I don't care, please put one on...

Bottom line, supervisor sided with me. END OF STORY!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Although this supervisor came to the right decision, you want to be careful when doing that though. There have been cases where ebay has allowed the buyer to keep the item as well as a refund. When a seller insists on a "no refund" policy and refuses to accept a return, ebay decides that the seller doesn't want the item back but the buyer should get the money.

Congratulations!

Although this supervisor came to the right decision, you want to be careful when doing that though. There have been cases where ebay has allowed the buyer to keep the item as well as a refund. When a seller insists on a "no refund" policy and refuses to accept a return, ebay decides that the seller doesn't want the item back but the buyer should get the money.

I know it, but I was at the point of no return. Keep in mind, I never said I didn't want the item back. I kept reiterating that the item was real, I could prove it, the buyer could not why was there an issue?

Last edited:
I know it, but I was at the point of no return. Keep in mind, I never said I didn't want the item back. I kept reiterating that the item was real, I could prove it, the buyer could not why was there an issue?

I think I would have taken it back. Ebay may have sided with you, but I'm guessing this buyer will probably do a charge back now with her credit card.

I think I would have taken it back. Ebay may have sided with you, but I'm guessing this buyer will probably do a charge back now with her credit card.

Perhaps but under the contractual agreement; I won. How's this different from a resale shop that refuses all returns (I buy from them many many times) and tried to return only to hear a no (there are written rules the SA's say).

I don't think my buyer's card has a leg to stand on. They'll do their research and find that there was a no return policy on an authentic item.