Tech Converter Box

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Who here owns one, and knows what they are?

2. we don't have one, but if you are talking about the converter boxes on tvs, i believe they convert your cable from analog to digital.

3. Are you referring to an illegal cable box?

4. You're going to have to be a little more specific.

5. Yep, that's what they do.

6. ^^^ We don't even know what kind of box the OP is talking about.

7. I think she's referring to cable boxes that are used to steal cable. She posted another thread about not having access to HBO and wondered how she could get it for free.

I know with Comcast, they turn on your cable from their headquarters via signals to the cable box, so I'm not sure how you'd be able to get around that. Right now, if I plug in a cable box, I won't see anything. I'd need to call Comcast, start service and wait for them to turn it on for me.

8. The title of the thread refers to a converter box, which converts analog signals to digital signals for TV.

And Charles is correct, it is pretty hard to get cable illegally these days. I've known people who have stolen satellite signals, but it doesn't take long for the thefts to be detected.

9. ^^Yes :yes: I have this one and it has been working fine for me for the past year.