Convert me from wristlet to wallet!!!

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
I'm a self proclaimed wristlet gal. They have worked best for me in the past and are kinder to my wallet. <PUN intended!>

I recently started carrying a purse organizer that I love, and didn't have a problem fitting my "main" wristlet into the center of it. I have 3 "main" wristlets I use as wallets and they are the style that has a slip pocket on the front and then a main compartment. (I'll picture one below.) I've now discovered that the compartment in the purse organizer does not fit all three of my wristlet/wallets but only one. The other 2 I use on the regular are too big.

To ramble on further I decided to start carrying some random off brand wallet I have (instead of these larger wristlets) and it's an accordian full size zip around. I think I like it!!!!

Make me see the point in spending the $$$ and point me in the right direction to one that'll wear like IRON!!! I've always thought that spending that kind of $$$ on a wallet when you could have 2-3 wristlets for the same price was insane (for me.) Now I think I might need to take the plunge but don't want to regret spending the $$$$.

So, if you use a full length accordian zip around wallet, what do you like and dislike about it? Which do you have and how does it wear????

PS~I've had the full size checkbook wallet in the past and didn't like it, I think that's what turned me OFF the wallet.

Attachments

• Cancun 320.JPG
    Cancun 320.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 431
  • Cancun 322.JPG
    Cancun 322.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 420
^^^ I was thinking that LV wallets were pretty pricey too? Maybe gently used???

I'm heading to LV the weekend of Good Friday, but will also be stopping by Chicago Premiumk outlets where there is also Coach, Juicy and Kate Spade (not to mention several other brands) that would sell wallets!!!!

i actually used my wristlet as wallet even though i have a lv wallet.. hehe
you should try checkin out the new wallets at lv it's at a decent price i think. about 300ish? im not too sure

I don't know much about wallets from Prada at all, same for LV... but aren't LV wallets $600-and up?

yup, my friend got one and people were poking fun of her cos she brought a 600$ wallet (this was over four years ago) and only had two dollars in it!

prada has sales, every time there is one that is about up to 70% off the manager always comes by and lets us know ahead of time,

I guess I am not a fan of spending a lot on a wallet. A cute, well made leather one should work. LV's full size wallets with a good number of credit card slots are too much for me (over $600 on the website), I'd rather get a bag or 2 for that price, but that's just me.

I would def check out the outlets, there's got to be something cute there

i think it depends, for her, she still has it and use it..its her only wallet..so i think if you have the need for one, and will use it for a long, long, time and its your only one.

then price wise, its okay still, at 600

but for me i never had much of a use for a wallet, only one card, a few bills and ID. so...not really much help in swaying OP

Don't settle for a Coach wallet. If you spend about $75-$100 you could get a better one at LV or Prada.

But the Hampton's wallets handle wear well

LV wallets are a little pricy. I can have 2-3 bags for that price.

Also it seems a little weird to come into a COACH forum and tell someone to get another brand wallet.

ETA: Also if you check the*bay you might be able to find a reasonable price on a wallet. The one in my siggy was only $50 and it's a good size

Last edited:
I prefer to have everything in one place, so I use the larger wallets. I dislike standing at a counter in the store searching through my bag for something, so a large wallet is my choice.

Before they opened an outlet near me I bought two Coach checkbook wallets at full price. But I won't do that again since they can be bought so inexpensively at the outlets for about one third the price. Some of the outlet MFF wallets are really nice, and can be pretty reasonably priced, especially with a coupon. Also I have seen them at Macy's on sale at good prices.

I recently bought a checkbook wallet from my outlet for only about 100 bucks. I wcan't see my self spending full price on a wallet, when you could buy a bag for the same amount....My reasoning was that I wanted my checkbook and wallet, togather in one easy acess. I used to use wristlets and mini skinnys, seeing as how I never use cash anymore, but the thing that did it for me was the checkbook, because I do use that all the time.
also if i am just running into a store, I can easily grab my wallet, just as easy as i could my wristlets......so to the op, maybe you just need to find the right wallet for you! I would suggest leather, because you mentioned you wanted it to wear well. Maybe since you said you didn't like checkbook style, try the accordian zip around style?

HI,
I love your Legacy wristlet!!!! Very nice!!! I don't have any wristlets - though I have bought a few and returned them! I am a wallet person! I have a few Coach wallets and also some Hobo International wallets!!! If you aren't really liking the Coach wallets maybe look at Hobo or Fossil or another brand that are made just as well and don't cost as much!!!

Good Luck~~~~

Lynne :biggrin: