Converse Chucks...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. what color should I get for my first pair?

White? Black? Gray? Navy? Brown?

2. i think black is a great staple for chucks..... what colors do you wear? the gray is nice too....

3. #3 Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    My tops are almost always teal, green, blue, with occasional purples, grays, browns, whites and blacks. I wear dark jeans a lot, I wear brown pants, khaki pants and gray pants also. When I buy shoes I USUALLY buy one black and one brown and sometimes one navy. I am boring as hell. I just wanna be able to wear them with whatever I have on and not look stupid if I wear them with brown pants.

I have red hair (like copper) and pale yellowy skin, and typically black/gray isn't the most flattering to my face so my tops aren't usually those colors.

4. i think dark denim would look great with the grey or black and tops don't really matter so much since grey or black will match mostly anything....

5. True. I guess I just can't wear em with Brown slacks.

6. I would go with the grey, it will look great with jeans. And I suggest getting low tops, that way you can wear them in the summer (I think they look better with shorts and skirts/dresses than high tops).

7. Get low tops, and I wear my gray pair to death. LOVE them, the best color I've ever bought!

8. I definitely will be getting lows. The high tops are extra fug. lol

I don't wear/own shorts or any skirts. I ALWAYS wear pants unless I am IN the wedding. Doesn't matter how hot it is. I don't show off my legs.

I will go tonight and check out the colors in person. If the gray is not a weird/ugly gray Ill get the gray, otherwise black. :smile:

9. Grey, BF and I both have grey and they go with everything. Black are a little too emo, and navy don't look great with jeans (I never wear my navy ones).

10. Ok thanks you guys!!!

11. I'd say black, just because it is such a classic. I love my black converses, I've been thinking of getting a pink pair though.. :smile:

12. I have black low tops and I love them. While I agree they can be emo, I think that at 32 no one would ever mistake me for an emo kid! ;)

13. For your first pair...I think you should get black low top.

I have 6-7 pairs of Chucks and I definitely get the most use out of my black low tops.

14. Thanks everyone!

15. black, totally!