Contrast Stitching: need your help here!

gemibebe

O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
As many of you may know, I have recently placed an SO of Rose Shocking Birkin in Chevre Mysore. Curiously, now I started to think more and more on how I can be more creative with my SO: it may well be inspired by your thread ilovecocohanel ;) I truly love the idea of a violet interior and may well go for it! Hope you don't mind :hugs:

In addition, I'm thinking on contrast stitching: I really love contrast stitching as it somehow makes the color pop and the bag more chic. I would like to have your expert opinion on:

• Is it a good idea to have contrast stitching on Rose Shocking?
  • What color would you choose? Personally I'm thinking on Rose Dragee. I did a search on the forum and saw that there's a contrast stitching in rose which is really beautiful. But I'm not sure if rose is still available
  • Do any of you have Rose Shocking or similar color with contrast stitching? Can you share some pictures?

Many thanks!!!:heart:

Last edited:
Quite a few of my SLGs in chevre have contrast stitching and I have a chevre bolide with contrast stiching too.

I love it and in Rose Shocking I think it would be really spectacular with white stitching. I think Rose Dragee is too muted of a colour for it to make much of a difference in the overall look but I could be wrong - not seen one with contrast before. The violet interior would be amazing - go for it!!

I am sorry I am truely useless when it comes to technology so not able to share pics. I am sure someone will.

Thanks friponne and toniec for your input! My SA actually recommended violet stitching, however, I really want the stitching to pop and I'm afraid violet stitching won't be too differentiated from rose shocking.

toniec, I would really love to see your chevre SLGs! I‘m sure it must be stunning! I thought about white stitching too, but I'm not sure if the contrast is not too sharp. That's why I was thinking about rose dragree as it would look almost like white since the color is really pale. However, as I have never seen a contrast stitching in rose dragee, can only use imagination here :P

Thanks perlerare! It's interesting that your advice is exactly what my SA told me today when I asked her about the rose dragee stitching. I do understand the principle of "less is more" and will definitely consider your advice.

Not a fan of contrast stitching or piping. Keep it simple with just the constrast lining. Or you may want to consider some of the hardware choices that include ruthenium or guilloche or a matte finished plate. These are more subtle but imho, make the bag quite special.

Doesn't RG have contrasting paler pink stitching?? That might be a similar look. I think it looks nice -- much less "contrast" than contrasting piping, which I do not like as much.

I think a Violet interior for your Rose Shocking Birkin would be stunning. A great combination in my opinion. Couldn't be better.

Contrast stitching would make your birkin more special, because it's your choice. But I would not suggest that you choose a colour that will make your Birkin look too whimsical. This birkin should continue to bring you joy, after months and years of owning it, and that you wouldn't be tired of looking at it. In this sense, a pale pink thread would not be advisable.

I have attached a closed-up picture of my own RS Birkin, to show you the *standard* colour of thread used for RS. You can decide if you want your stitching to be lighter than this, or darker, or even choose a red coloured thread?

Your SA should be able to show you a thread swatch, to help you decide.

Good luck in your choice.

Attachments

• RS Std Stitching.jpg
    RS Std Stitching.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 184
Thanks everyone for your great advice!

hermesmonkey, I'm not a fan of contrast piping, but contrast stitching can be fun sometimes. However, I do agree with the concept of simple elegance and maybe I'm trying to do too many things at the same time. My SA actually told me that H is trying to limit the combination of colors in one bag as they want to be true to their style and sometime with SO requests of many colors it somehow undermines the original style of a Birkin.

callmelulu, believe it or not, I actually even thought about making an orange lining! It'll definitely pop for sure as both colors are vibrant. However, as RS is already a real bright warm color, I'd want some cold color to balance it a bit.

lulilu, I'm not sure if the paler pink stitching is the "rosy" I've seen in some threads about contrast stitching? It looks pink and is quite nice on red.

Many thanks mrssparkles for the closeup pic of the stitching! This color is so gorgeous and makes my heart sing! I'm truly happy that they accepted my SO: RS is so stunning! Looking at the pic, I'm sure that I don't want a stitching darker than the current one. My SA proposed violet stitching when I asked her about the violet lining and I turned it down as I prefer stitching in lighter colors in this case. If the new pink is available, I think it would be fun to have a RS with pink lining and stitching! But my SA said that it's not available. The more I look at your pic, the more I tell myself how beautiful it is just in its original design with the same colored stitching: it is simple and it's sheer perfection!:heart:

Thanks for mrssparkles' close-up picture, I played around the different color schemes of the stitching on RS. The color may not be exactly accurate and the retouch is a bit rough, however, it still provides a rough idea as how it will look like. Here's what I got:

RS with white stitching:
RSStitching-white.jpg

RS with pink stitching:
RSStitching-pink.jpg

RS with orange stitching as per callmelulu's choice ;)
RSStitching-orangerevised.jpg

RS with violet stitching:
RSStitching-violet.jpg

Honestly? I think the contrast stitching on such a brightly coloured bag doesn't really add to the overall look. In fact, it just makes it look garish. I would go with the contrast lining only but of course, that's just my preference.