Contemplating my first Dior and need your help desperately!!

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
You could tell him dior is owned by LVMH and it exploded in popularity, esp. in signature logo-ed goods during Covid SIP.
in my opinion, dior as a fashion house has peaked slightly, but I’m not entirely on board with MGC or logo mania. I always wished kim Jones could collaborate on the RTW, and now he’s at Fendi. . .
While I used to wish that, I saw his RTW collections and they are hit or miss. Collaborations to the extreme. No thanks!

• Insightful
Reactions: 880

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Can you ladies help me with facts, information, and stories that I can share with him to prove that CD is not going to wane in popularity, that this particular bag is worth the price tag, and just any other information that might help my case!!
I came back bc I thought of something

since he has offered the gift of the LVs and Chanels, you would be saving him guesswork and money if you got the LD

and it is true that Lady diors are growing in popularity (though the fact that he listened to his mom not to get a Dior Is IDKW.)

fingers crossed that you get it eventually :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: lill_canele

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I am still not understanding this issue. Do you have your own income? Why does he have to approve a purchase like this? The car and Rolex high resale value is due to the shortage of both recently. My son was offered more than he paid for his car at the Tesla dealer. They are dying for cars to sell. Many merchants need inventory. So I think his profit is covid/supply chain related, not brilliant investing. What is the big deal about buying ths bag?

CAcker01

Sep 17, 2013
I came back bc I thought of something

since he has offered the gift of the LVs and Chanels, you would be saving him guesswork and money if you got the LD

and it is true that Lady diors are growing in popularity (though the fact that he listened to his mom not to get a Dior Is IDKW.)

fingers crossed that you get it eventually :smile:
You’re so sweet and I appreciate your added ammunition so much!!! Happy Saturday!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880

CAcker01

Sep 17, 2013
I am still not understanding this issue. Do you have your own income? Why does he have to approve a purchase like this? The car and Rolex high resale value is due to the shortage of both recently. My son was offered more than he paid for his car at the Tesla dealer. They are dying for cars to sell. Many merchants need inventory. So I think his profit is covid/supply chain related, not brilliant investing. What is the big deal about buying ths bag?

Yes, I do! I make great money. I made some exceedingly stupid money decisions before we met and he’s helped me clean up those financial mistakes and is helping me build up my own savings so any large luxury purchases are really at his discretion for now!! Plus he’s bought me 11 bags in 11 months! It’s a purse, it’s not that serious! I am hoping to get it someday but my collection is already dope and I’m super thankful for it!!!

And I do agree that a lot of stuff has over inflated value simply because of supply and demand!

Reactions: lulilu

CAcker01

Sep 17, 2013
Unpopular opinion. Forget the bag unless and until you can buy it for yourself. To be dependent on someone else for your personal fashion choices is not a situation I would want to be in. I’m an adult. I buy what I want. Best of luck to you.

I hear you!! I was the breadwinner in a previous relationship and financed everything myself and I much prefer the way my current household is run but definitely respect and understand your opinion!