Constance Wallet

happyjojoc

Feb 22, 2014
I have a silly question, why Constance wallet is so expensive? Why it costs more than a Kelly wallet?
I can understand why Constance bag is expensive but the wallet?
I really want to know why. If someone can answer me, I really appreciate!

Reactions: millivanilli
I have a silly question, why Constance wallet is so expensive? Why it costs more than a Kelly wallet?
I can understand why Constance bag is expensive but the wallet?
I really want to know why. If someone can answer me, I really appreciate!
I have asked this question of my SA in the past (I have 5 Constance Elan Wallets and a Constance Elan Handbag). She told me that the price reflects the difficulty in making the wallet and the entire Constance Line, for that matter. From Hermes' perspective , the expertise required and the intricacy of the wallets/bags justify the price point.

Reactions: Nui
I can understand that making a Constance bag is difficult. But why is a Constance wallet is more expensive than a Kelly wallet! For Kelly wallet, the zipper head is the shape of a lock. For Constance wallet, the zipper head is just the regular zipper head. I will assume Kelly wallet is more expensive. It's very strange to me. ;P

I'm looking to purchase my first full sized Hermes wallet and was thinking the same thing too. I really like the look of the Kelly and Constance but will go for the Kelly due to the cheaper price. I always thought the Kelly wallet would be more expensive because of the closure, there just seems to be more details on the Kelly wallet than the Constance. Also, the inside is the same layout. As one member said above, I guess it is the hardware on the Constance.

I also wonder why the Constance bag costs as much as a B or K. I'm just really curious on why it is so hard to make the Constance line products when the B or K bags and accessories tend to be more intricate or detailed, looking like they require more work to create.

If you look at the exterior of the Constance bag it is similar to the edged designs of the Kelly Sellier. I have been told by my store manager that sellier style bags are a lot harder to produce in terms of time and craftsmanship than the "retourne" styles of the birkin and kelly. Therefore, there is also a price difference between the retourne and sellier kellys. The SM also told me that making the kelly sellier and constance is reserved to the craftsmen who are veterans.

On the other hand, I own both the Constance and Kelly wallet and I no longer use the Kelly wallet on a daily basis. The 2 closing flaps drive me INSANE whenever I need access to the goods inside. Although Constance wallet is a lot easier to use, my most used wallets are my Bottega Veneta & Chanel zip around wallets. They just make a whole lot more sense to use throughout the day....

If you look at the exterior of the Constance bag it is similar to the edged designs of the Kelly Sellier. I have been told by my store manager that sellier style bags are a lot harder to produce in terms of time and craftsmanship than the "retourne" styles of the birkin and kelly. Therefore, there is also a price difference between the retourne and sellier kellys. The SM also told me that making the kelly sellier and constance is reserved to the craftsmen who are veterans.

On the other hand, I own both the Constance and Kelly wallet and I no longer use the Kelly wallet on a daily basis. The 2 closing flaps drive me INSANE whenever I need access to the goods inside. Although Constance wallet is a lot easier to use, my most used wallets are my Bottega Veneta & Chanel zip around wallets. They just make a whole lot more sense to use throughout the day....
Funny you say that the Kelly wallet drives you crazy with the two flaps. I'm right there with you! Also, the other reason I stopped using my Kelly wallet was the turnkey; it protrudes and leaves a visible lump on the outside of soft-sided/thinner handbags. Reminds me of when DH puts his iPhone in his front trouser packet, ruining the lines of pant.

Ohh I didn't know that Sellier is harder than Retourne. I always assumed Retourne was harder because the stitching was on the inside.
I have a Bottega wallet as well and I really love it but I wanted something more elaborate and pretty, plus, I like the idea of the Kelly or Constance wallets being used as clutches or as a handbag with a twilly used as a strap.

Funny you say that the Kelly wallet drives you crazy with the two flaps. I'm right there with you! Also, the other reason I stopped using my Kelly wallet was the turnkey; it protrudes and leaves a visible lump on the outside of soft-sided/thinner handbags. Reminds me of when DH puts his iPhone in his front trouser packet, ruining the lines of pant.

Yeah that doesn't sound fun, I think I might have to reconsider. The Kelly wallet is just so pretty though hehe!!