Constance belt question????

mimibag

Smile Smile Smile
O.G.
Jul 15, 2008
State of Optimism
Is the large size Constance belt (1.65 width), the one with the three screws attaching the buckle to the belt, supposed to be reversible?

bababebi

OG
Authenticator
O.G.
May 7, 2006
http://www.bababebi.com
www.bababebi.com
Your question made me go and look at mine. I have never even thought of reversing it, the idea of unscrewing the screws I find daunting.

Yes, I believe the belt is indeed reversible if you unscrew the three screws and flip it over. It is a contoured belt so clearly you have to wear it with the end on the right side of your body than the left as it would normally be.

This is not something I would want to do everyday though, I am a bit awkward and I would be afraid of scratching the hardware with the screwdriver, LOL!

mimibag

Smile Smile Smile
O.G.
Jul 15, 2008
State of Optimism
Your question made me go and look at mine. I have never even thought of reversing it, the idea of unscrewing the screws I find daunting.

Yes, I believe the belt is indeed reversible if you unscrew the three screws and flip it over. It is a contoured belt so clearly you have to wear it with the end on the right side of your body than the left as it would normally be.

This is not something I would want to do everyday though, I am a bit awkward and I would be afraid of scratching the hardware with the screwdriver, LOL!
Thanks Bababebi! Someone tried to sell me one as a reversible belt, but I wasn't sure as it didn't have the easy on/off buckle of the Constance belts I am used to.

audreylita

Shopping's my cardio
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 23, 2009
I don't know if this is the same size you're talking about but I bought a larger size last week that is 1 5/8" wide and it is the identical buckle as the two smaller sizes with just the one hole that the little post pops into.

bababebi

OG
Authenticator
O.G.
May 7, 2006
http://www.bababebi.com
www.bababebi.com
Hi Audreylita, No, the OP is talking about the wide contoured Constance belt. It is also 1 5/8 wide, and it has a very big H buckle which is attached with three screws at the back of the belt. It is not like the regular Constance belt where the buckle just pops put of the little hole. Plus the belt is not straight, it curves to fit the body. I have not seen it around for a while, I bought mine maybe 15 years ago at H in New York.