constance bag

muistrawberry, I could be totally wrong but I've only ever seen the Constance in chamonix and exotic leathers as well as suede. Don't think it comes in those slouchier ones as the constance is a very structured bag and for that reason alone, they use the harder leathers that is able to hold the shape. Am I right xiaoxiao or am I totally off?

The Constance also comes in Epsom.

Btw, if anyone is interested in a 25cm, the Gold Coast H boutique had it in black with phw. I didn't ask for the price as to not tempt myself :Push: but I do know that they've already had a price increase while I was there on vacation. I went twice, once before the hike and another time again about a week later and a croc havanne lindy 30cm went from being retailed at $32k oz to $41k oz!!

There were lots of constance (mini) in London Sloane Street a few weeks ago. I was there to collect my own mini constance in Rose Shocking (my avatar with my baby daughter behind it for size comparison). Love it!

Thanks H&H! I do love it so. The SA told me they ordered it in 2005 and they only received it last month. It was love a first sight for me! Wanted to do a reveal together with my new Kelly but somehow i cant upload the pics! Anyway.. i think its a neat little bag even for casualwear.

Thanks H&H! I do love it so. The SA told me they ordered it in 2005 and they only received it last month. It was love a first sight for me! Wanted to do a reveal together with my new Kelly but somehow i cant upload the pics! Anyway.. i think its a neat little bag even for casualwear.

I'm not sure sometimes you need to make so many posts before you can do so and another thing the files should not exceed a certain amount... Can't wait to see your Kelly.:heart:

The Constance also comes in Epsom.

:yes: My 23cm is in Epsom. I have to say that I am surprised at how much I love the Constance; I was always a little averse to it because of the big "H" on it, but I'm a convert. The newer Constances have two compartments versus the one main one you see on the vintage ones, and the 23 cm can fit quite a bit. The main advantage of a 23cm Constance over a 25cm Birkin is the shoulder strap which can then double and go over your arm. I cannot get a 25cm on the crook of my arm.

Yes, they are pricey--I think about $6,950 last year for Epsom, in the $7k range then for Chevre, but are a great example of H-craftsmanship. Even friends of mine who know nothing about H love the lady-like silhouette of the bag.

misssA, that pink constance is such a pleasant pop of color! I'm not usually a pink kinda girl but hot pink is such an intense and gorgeous color, not to mention CHIC too! Congrats!

And EncoreHermes, I LOVE love toile and this combo with the grey, its my favorite color! COngrats on such a rare and chic find!!

I managed to upload my avatar pic but thats it. The other pics were taken with my Nikon D80 and they exceeded the file size limit. I read somewhere that you can resize it but i haven't gone round to do it yet-cant remember which thread it was in too!

Opps i'm digressing..sorry! I hope you find your bag soon MissMargaux!

And thanks maddox for your lovely comments!

MissMargaux, I hope you wont give up on trying to locate the perfect constance :hrmm: I recently acquired one in a croc and find it to be one of THE most versatile bags to own. First of all, I agree.. it ISNT a birkin. However, the constance goes from casual to chic in an instant(yes, even with my croc!) So I would imagine a black chamonix or box would be even easier to switch from day to night. Its such an under the radar classic chic H bag and as much as you can't go wrong with a birkin (even with a 25cm, though I personally don't like them that small) I think the constance would make the perfect bag for the reasons you stated earlier :tup:

Whatever you decide, we here will be here waiting anxiously for your reveal! Good luck in your search for that perfect dinner/travel bag and keep us posted :yes: