Constance 18 broken buckle

mia_1110

Jan 16, 2014
A reseller offered me a used constance 18 at good price, the leather is in nearly new condition. Only one problem is the inner plastic part of H buckle is broken. She said it’s easily found in used constance bag, and would not affect the overall use of the buckle. Please anyone experience similar issue? Should I buy it? BF08865D-958A-4080-B3EE-E9B350A7EF55.jpegCAD24977-8B1E-4615-9C31-ABCE4E7CC268.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: papertiger
Mine was broken before and I took it to Hermes store to fix it. They didnt charge me for it as it was a defect so as long as you think the bag is authentic, you should be able to brinc it back to fix it without issues.

Reactions: Txoceangirl
My C18 has a small crack in the plastic. I’ve been told I can send it into be replace when I am ready. I would of coarse have the bag authenticated.

My Constance has that same part broken in half, vertically, not horizontally like yours. It doesn’t affect the use since there is still some plexi remaining, that keeps the buckle tight to the leather. If it is authentic and a price you’re comfortable with, no reason to not purchase. Just my opinion....

Mine was broken before and I took it to Hermes store to fix it. They didnt charge me for it as it was a defect so as long as you think the bag is authentic, you should be able to brinc it back to fix it without issues.
I have same problem. Can You please share which state (country) You brough the bag to have the plastic piece changed?! And did You have the receipt?! I purchased mine pre-owned, now I wonder if Hermes will charge me to have the piece fixed?

I have same problem. Can You please share which state (country) You brough the bag to have the plastic piece changed?! And did You have the receipt?! I purchased mine pre-owned, now I wonder if Hermes will charge me to have the piece fixed?
hello - I am in WA state/ US. They did not ask for my receipt of purchase. I expected to pay but they informed me when I picked up the bag that it was considered a defect and hence not charging me. Hopw this helps.

I have a C23 that had a broken buckle. I sent it in for repair, and it took them 9 month because this part was not on stock. I received my bag wonderfully repaired, and I did not have to pay one cent
overall I am very happy with the bag and the repair and the way my store handled it.

Hello dear Hermes lovers,

i have no chance to buy a new Hermes bag in shop, so I tend to find my dream bags in second hand market. And one of my dream mini constance 18 before showing a big crack inside the plastic bar area, having research online I know it is very easy To be cracked. And so I took it back to Hermes shop 6 months ago and asked for replacing a new plastic, and now just went to the shop to pick it up (supposedly at US280 charge I have to pay) but still I can see many tiny cracks around the screw, SA said it’s normal, is it true? For yr new constance 18 in shop, already have tiny cracks? I wanna know am I too conscious in these issues? Shall I accept this after service quality? As I supposed it will be perfect without cracks after repairing lol. Many thanks for Yr advices☺️

61A9306B-E8BB-4831-96EA-B004CF747FE5.jpeg

Basically if the artisan tightens the screws too much, it will cause the plastic to crack from the excessive torque. I understand the mechanics from implant surgery and from my own vintage C which had the same fractured plastic. It’s not exactly normal but it’s not going to fall off or affect the closure. I personally would ask for a second replacement.

• Insightful
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Hello dear Hermes lovers,

i have no chance to buy a new Hermes bag in shop, so I tend to find my dream bags in second hand market. And one of my dream mini constance 18 before showing a big crack inside the plastic bar area, having research online I know it is very easy To be cracked. And so I took it back to Hermes shop 6 months ago and asked for replacing a new plastic, and now just went to the shop to pick it up (supposedly at US280 charge I have to pay) but still I can see many tiny cracks around the screw, SA said it’s normal, is it true? For yr new constance 18 in shop, already have tiny cracks? I wanna know am I too conscious in these issues? Shall I accept this after service quality? As I supposed it will be perfect without cracks after repairing lol. Many thanks for Yr advices☺

View attachment 5280466

It's not normal

Basically if the artisan tightens the screws too much, it will cause the plastic to crack from the excessive torque. I understand the mechanics from implant surgery and from my own vintage C which had the same fractured plastic. It’s not exactly normal but it’s not going to fall off or affect the closure. I personally would ask for a second replacement.

Thanks for yr reply. Yes actually now I am asking for second replacement, but they on and on explaining to me how this is normal and later it will be cracked again too after using….And I asked if new one from shop no cracks? First SA said no but later the other guy said Yes…said it depends on different artisans, how they tighten the screws Just my expectation is such a high value handbag, is it really normal to accept these cracks after repairing and asked clients to pick up~ so I was asking here. Hope not myself being too trouble in this issue lol thanks so much ya!! Also they didn’t guarantee second replacement will have no cracks I am surprised for this quality.

• Wow
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags