Constance 18 broken buckle

mia_1110

Jan 16, 2014
A reseller offered me a used constance 18 at good price, the leather is in nearly new condition. Only one problem is the inner plastic part of H buckle is broken. She said it’s easily found in used constance bag, and would not affect the overall use of the buckle. Please anyone experience similar issue? Should I buy it? BF08865D-958A-4080-B3EE-E9B350A7EF55.jpeg CAD24977-8B1E-4615-9C31-ABCE4E7CC268.jpeg

Bellub

Dec 29, 2017
Mine was broken before and I took it to Hermes store to fix it. They didnt charge me for it as it was a defect so as long as you think the bag is authentic, you should be able to brinc it back to fix it without issues.

Reactions: Txoceangirl

Ball

Mar 5, 2012
I have a friend who brought her C in the store to get the whole buckle replaced. I agree with Bellub that the most important thing is to make certain it's authentic.

Reactions: Txoceangirl

BalLVLover

Hermes lover now!
O.G.
Apr 30, 2010
H Town
My C18 has a small crack in the plastic. I’ve been told I can send it into be replace when I am ready. I would of coarse have the bag authenticated.

Feb 9, 2007
My Constance has that same part broken in half, vertically, not horizontally like yours. It doesn’t affect the use since there is still some plexi remaining, that keeps the buckle tight to the leather. If it is authentic and a price you’re comfortable with, no reason to not purchase. Just my opinion....

LenaK

Apr 29, 2015
Mine was broken before and I took it to Hermes store to fix it. They didnt charge me for it as it was a defect so as long as you think the bag is authentic, you should be able to brinc it back to fix it without issues.
I have same problem. Can You please share which state (country) You brough the bag to have the plastic piece changed?! And did You have the receipt?! I purchased mine pre-owned, now I wonder if Hermes will charge me to have the piece fixed?

Bellub

Dec 29, 2017
I have same problem. Can You please share which state (country) You brough the bag to have the plastic piece changed?! And did You have the receipt?! I purchased mine pre-owned, now I wonder if Hermes will charge me to have the piece fixed?
hello - I am in WA state/ US. They did not ask for my receipt of purchase. I expected to pay but they informed me when I picked up the bag that it was considered a defect and hence not charging me. Hopw this helps.

Reactions: Voicifiona

Stansy

O.G.
Jul 7, 2009
Save water and drink Champagne!
I have a C23 that had a broken buckle. I sent it in for repair, and it took them 9 month because this part was not on stock. I received my bag wonderfully repaired, and I did not have to pay one cent
overall I am very happy with the bag and the repair and the way my store handled it.

Poco

O.G.
Jan 24, 2009
Thanks to this post, I checked my constance mini and I found the same problem:shocked: I drop it off at boutique and it took only 2 days to repair with no charge:heart: