Consolidate those student loans!

1. Ugh, a terrible, not fun topic, but a gentle reminder to all of the current/former students with loans...

Remember if you're eligible to consolidate your student loans by July 1st! Interest rates go up after that. I just spent about an hour consolidating mine online - no fun, but better than paying a higher interest rate later :sick:

Consolidate through the government if you can, visit www.dl.ed.gov to check.

All this financial responsibility has me in the mood to buy a new purse :graucho: !

2. I don't have loans, but I'm sure a lot of girls will appreciate your reminder! Thanks, vanojr.

3. I get about 10 of those phone calls a day. I finally consolidated my loans. Hopefully they'll stop calling me now.

4. ^^^ooh, be careful about the lenders that call you over the phone, those are private companies and some of them are out to make a tidy profit. The government basically just wants its money back. I got calls from private student loan consolidation people even before I had student loans, they just mass call students I think...

At least your loans are consolidated though!

5. How much are the interest rates? I feel so so grateful to get the HOPE scholarship.

6. oh NOOOOO. I'm sure it was a private company. I didn't know you can do it through the government. They called me and I agreed so they email me the application. I signed it electronically and ignore the paper application they sent me through the mail. I think it's all done now. Well, I guess the bright side is I consolidated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice