consignment with fashionphile

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I feel the same way. I would trade some $ for someone else to handle the PAIN.

2. Yes, I have sent many items to FP and yoogi and love them both.

That offer sounds like a direct purchase offer. You get less $$ that way b/c you get the money immediately. Only do this if you are in a cash crunch and NEED the cash immediately. You will make more $$$ if you do consignment. You will have to wait longer to receive a check but you get more $$ that way.

3. The place I have consigned with charge 25% to 30 % depending on the valus of the bag. I think is average for most of these stores.it takes the hassle out of your hands

4. Just remember Fashionphile is probably going to get 20-30% more for your bag than anybody else! They have a huge following. So, as someone else said, if you can wait for your money, you would get a lot more.

5. I have done both, and if you have a receipt, I came out better selling mine on ebay. I started the bid very very low, this really promotes bidding.

6. thanks everyone! i think yoogi is better, they offered me $1500 for direct sale. But still i rather keep the bag, as i paid $4800 for it and i barely use it if i have to sell it for $1500, im just gonna keep it in my closet;)

7. i sell my own bags on ebay - check completed listings to see if the same bag has been selling, and at what price. then u can choose whether or not to list. while it can be a pain in the u know what, i find that if u leave a good description, take detailed pictures to prove authenticity (make sure to watermark!) and answer questions, it's not that bad. i do agree, however, that fashionphile would prob make more $$ for ur bag since they have a great reputation and their bags tend to sell for more since it's supposed to be worry free.

8. I agree, always do research on ebay before listing something so you don't waste time and money.

9. I listed an item on craigslist and fashionphile sent me an application but I think 30% is way too much.

10. I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, I did a search & was unable to find the answers I was looking for. I recently sent an item to FP (an LV, which is why I'm asking this question here). It was listed on their website for only a few days and is now gone, so I'm hoping that I can assume that it has sold. I was curious how long it generally takes for the big payout?! :graucho:

Thanks

11. their consignment agreement says they do payouts twice a month. maybe call them or send them an email to get a more exact date?

hope that helps! :smile:

12. They send checks on the 1st and the 15th :smile:

13. Does FP consign bags from overseas?

14. Yes they do. Contact them about it.

15. 1st and 15th and they get about 30% of sale more if it goes on ebay