consignment store finds?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I :heart: bags and I believe in never paying full retail!

Luckily, I live in the Washington DC area and we have many fabulous designer consignment stores. I have had some luck finding great bags at ridiculously low prices. So I would like to know if anyone else had good luck with consignment shopping? What about online consignment stores?

Some of my consignment store treasures are:

LV “Bucket” - $390

Isabella Fiore "Crazy Patch" - $120

Dior blue jean logo tote - $485

Really wish my photos aren't too big to attach, I want to show them off! If anyone knows how to shrink down photos without having to buy software, let me know.

2. Yay! Found a way to shrink down the photos :happydance:

LV_BUCKET.jpg IFIORE.jpg DIOR.jpg
  3. I think winonas chanel find and someones hermes find can't be beat.

4. Love all of them.....especially the bucket!!! What a find!!

5. To the OP: If you live in DC you must know the Georgetown area? Right near my campus on M street is a great shop called Annie Creamcheese. If you haven't been there you should check it out. I picked up a LV handbag there and they also carry Chanel, Dior, Gucci, etc. I love consignment stores! At home my sister and I would spend a whole day going to consignment shops and and even thrift stores like Salvation Army and PARC (which are huge and not gross at all where we live). Great stuff- I got a classic all weather leather Dooney at the Salvation Army for 2 dollars, polished it up with this shoe polish type stuff, and get compliments on it all the time!

6. I love consignment stores, and while back in the States...is always the first place I go to shop. OK...let me think of some of my finds:
    1. Crocodile evening bag... $9, took it to a luxury shoe/handbag maker, and he said it was worth about $1200
    2. Chloe silver mesh evening bag $100
    3. My beautiful Chanel tote $400 with the $1600 price tags still on (this was actually at Salvation Army, but figure it still counts)
    4. LV Keepall $40...they thought it was fake, but it turned out to be real.
    So...many more...I can't even think!!! That is just the start...clothes and shoes....I miss consignment shops!!!

7. I found a Kate Spade messenger for 5 dollars and an Isabella Fiore tote for 7 dollars down the street from where I work... that was a day of great bag karma!

8. Oh, I looooooove consignment shops! After hearing some stories on this board, I have decided to keep my eyes peeled...

This is my fave consignment find:
    [​IMG]

It's not a well known name:
    [​IMG]

but the leather is deeelicious, I love it, and get compliments all the time. Plus the strap is big enough for me to wear it like this:
    [​IMG]

Not bad for $5!

9. Tres cute, stylebaby!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice