Consignment in Australia?

leesieluvslouis

PROUD NEW MUMMY!!
Jul 25, 2008
Hi Ladies,
Im looking to sell my Chanel Double Flap and am wondering if anyone could recommend any consignment stores in Australia? I am tempted to try ebay but feel consignment might be the safest way. Would love to hear of any stores/success stories!
T.I.A

I have bought from Yoogis' closet. They were great to buy from. To sell to, they take 30% of the price they sell your bag for.

If you want to keep more of the proceeds for yourself, then I think its worth the hassle to sell yourself (or at least try before going for consignment)!

I have sold LV's on bonanza.com - the fees are 1/3 of ebays. I also take a lot of photos of the bags and mention all flaws. I also include shipping / tracking in the price - so you will attract buyers from overseas. I have not had any returns or complaints from the buyers. I think if you are totally honest with the condition of your bags then there is no disappointment when the bag arrives.

So it depends - if you want less hassle, then go Yoogi's closet, and take the hit of 30%... but if you want to pay much less, then sell yourself on Bonanza.com!

I have bought from Yoogis' closet. They were great to buy from. To sell to, they take 30% of the price they sell your bag for.

If you want to keep more of the proceeds for yourself, then I think its worth the hassle to sell yourself (or at least try before going for consignment)!

I have sold LV's on bonanza.com - the fees are 1/3 of ebays. I also take a lot of photos of the bags and mention all flaws. I also include shipping / tracking in the price - so you will attract buyers from overseas. I have not had any returns or complaints from the buyers. I think if you are totally honest with the condition of your bags then there is no disappointment when the bag arrives.

So it depends - if you want less hassle, then go Yoogi's closet, and take the hit of 30%... but if you want to pay much less, then sell yourself on Bonanza.com!

Thank you for the feedback. I will have a look at Bonanza, have no really heard of them before. Thanks again.

Hi Ladies,
Im looking to sell my Chanel Double Flap and am wondering if anyone could recommend any consignment stores in Australia? I am tempted to try ebay but feel consignment might be the safest way. Would love to hear of any stores/success stories!
T.I.A

Is there any reason why you don't want to try ebay?

I just listed my jumbo flap on ebay myself as I calculated how much I would lose in ebay/Paypal fees and it's about $200 all up. That's a lot better than most consignment stores who will offer you maybe 50% of the sale price. You also incur a cost sending them the bag and most of them are in the US.

Is there any reason why you don't want to try ebay?

I just listed my jumbo flap on ebay myself as I calculated how much I would lose in ebay/Paypal fees and it's about $200 all up. That's a lot better than most consignment stores who will offer you maybe 50% of the sale price. You also incur a cost sending them the bag and most of them are in the US.

Was just thinking consignment would be safest. Did all go well with the sale of your bag?

Blue Spinach[/URL] in Sydney's Darlinghurst, is the only one I know of with a good reputation and a bricks and mortar shop as well.

Never consigned with them though.

You might have some luck selling on the Vogue forums and keeping all the dosh ?[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the input I have not heard of either will have a look at both!

Hi Ladies,
T.I.A

If you don't mind consignment outside of NSW, you could try the Wooloongabba Antique Centre in QLD. They have a great reputation and collectors go there all the time. One of the sellers called French at Heart only deals in vintage designer and her collection there is amazing! I just bought an Hermes Kelly watch, Gucci bangle, Dior choker and Marc Jacobs sunglasses from there the other day. I'm also considering one of the Chanel bags that she has there too. Definitely worth considering because everything there is looked after really well and the staff are very careful with making sure everything is serurely locked away. :smile: