Consigning with The Real Real TRR

I have just sent a few items to TRR to be sold (I have purchased from them before, but I have never consigned).
What happens if the item is not accepted? Will they ship it back to me? I have sent a pair of shoes (which were worn, but in a good condition IMO) so I just want to be certain I will get them back in case they do not accept them.

I have just sent a few items to TRR to be sold (I have purchased from them before, but I have never consigned).
What happens if the item is not accepted? Will they ship it back to me? I have sent a pair of shoes (which were worn, but in a good condition IMO) so I just want to be certain I will get them back in case they do not accept them.

Yes, they will ship it back and will usually tell you exactly why the item was not accepted.

Reactions: Bubach
Yes, they will send you an email and ship the item back to you.

I wished I had researched and known of the numerous issues with The Real Real prior to purchasing and receiving a preloved Fendi Baby Spy which wasn’t as described on their website. The description stated the condition as very good, minor discoloration at the interior. The item which I received has several small white areas of discoloration.

Attachments

• D917C476-3919-4E1A-BEED-32DD3826F118.jpeg
    D917C476-3919-4E1A-BEED-32DD3826F118.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 19
I wished I had researched and known of the numerous issues with The Real Real prior to purchasing and receiving a preloved Fendi Baby Spy which wasn’t as described on their website. The description stated the condition as very good, minor discoloration at the interior. The item which I received has several small white areas of discoloration.

Contact CS and include the photos. Last year I bought a Chanel tote with creamy white stains on the outside leather and animal hair all over the inside lining. They let me return the bag but didn’t refund the initial shipping fee.

Reactions: Nomad
That's too bad. See if you could receive a refund from them? it takes so much effort for me to finally get the money back
Hi there, I am working with a couple of TRR managers who are presenting different option. In addition I have contacted Rago Brothers and The Leather Surgeons for quotes to remove the white spots. Hopefully I will get reasonable quotes as the other side of the bag is in good condition.

Contact CS and include the photos. Last year I bought a Chanel tote with creamy white stains on the outside leather and animal hair all over the inside lining. They let me return the bag but didn’t refund the initial shipping fee.
Hi there,
I am now working with a couple of people from the management team. I have gotten 3 repair quotes and currently awaiting to hear from TRR if repairs will be authorized, price reduction or return will be done. However, I am beyond disappointed that the issue wasn’t listed. This has definitely steered me away from purchasing preloved at least from TRR or any website that states no returns or refunds.

Has anyone had issues with accounts being blocked by TRR? I had two active accounts, honestly due to losing my password on one account so just making a new account and logging in that way. I went to place an order and it was cancelled and every attempt to order is met with credit card error - apparently I have been banned because of multiple accounts? Has anyone experienced this? Im trying to get back on the nice list via customer service, but have my concerns :sad:

This just happened to me, I tried to buy something and every attempt was met with a denied credit card error. The thing is, the accounts aren't even mine! They sent me a list of the email addresses that are associated with the accounts and I have never seen them before. I suspect, from the email addresses, that these accounts are under similar names and am surprised that is enough to shut them down. I am a long time consignor and shop there regularly, so I contacted customer service and they are trying to resolve the problem for me. Were you able to reopen your account?

Hi ladies,

I have another question: my items have been accepted for the sale, priced and photographed, but when I click on their links, the button for adding them into the shopping card is disabled and reads "Not available". What does that mean? Are all items presented in some store before they are made available online?

Thnx

Hi ladies,

I have another question: my items have been accepted for the sale, priced and photographed, but when I click on their links, the button for adding them into the shopping card is disabled and reads "Not available". What does that mean? Are all items presented in some store before they are made available online?

Thnx
Sometimes they say “not available” or “sold” right before they are loaded to the site for purchase availability. I think it is just some way that they work on finalizing the listings before they are published on the site. Some items do seem to go to stores, but your items will always say “not available” before they are officially listed. All of my items are marked “sold” right now while they are finalizing the listings, but I know they cannot possibly be.

So I’m just wondering how this works, I sold 2 items which are over $20k total. But did not receive a 1099. I also did direct deposit, the gain on the actual item is not much as the item I bought were around 10K mark, how do I file if I don’t get a 1099?

So I’m just wondering how this works, I sold 2 items which are over $20k total. But did not receive a 1099. I also did direct deposit, the gain on the actual item is not much as the item I bought were around 10K mark, how do I file if I don’t get a 1099?

By the law, USA citizens, are required to pay taxes on income whether a 1099 was issued or not. So we can take the 1099 out of the equation all together!

As far as reporting a profit or loss, this is my understanding (I am not a tax professional):

When we sell our personal handbags online (which is essentially an online yard sale) or in person, if the handbag was for personal use then the profit (gain) is taxable as a capital gain. The profit would be reported on Schedule D and then transferred to your Form 1040.

But in the instance of selling a handbag, most of the time the sale nets less than the price we paid for it. In this case, you're just getting rid of things and hoping to get some money for them. So, if your handbag is sold at a loss, you don't have anything to report on your income tax return. Pocket the cash and don't report anything to the IRS.

Reactions: Alliiccee
By the law, USA citizens, are required to pay taxes on income whether a 1099 was issued or not. So we can take the 1099 out of the equation all together!

As far as reporting a profit or loss, this is my understanding (I am not a tax professional):

When we sell our personal handbags online (which is essentially an online yard sale) or in person, if the handbag was for personal use then the profit (gain) is taxable as a capital gain. The profit would be reported on Schedule D and then transferred to your Form 1040.

But in the instance of selling a handbag, most of the time the sale nets less than the price we paid for it. In this case, you're just getting rid of things and hoping to get some money for them. So, if your handbag is sold at a loss, you don't have anything to report on your income tax return. Pocket the cash and don't report anything to the IRS.

thanks! However, I did gain, but only a couple hundred so I’m not sure how to file it. Is there an option to put in how much was spent vs the total that was earned?