Considering Vachetta...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. so i have been on the look-out for a camel/light brown bag lately and came across a little MJ number on bay. my only reservation about it is that it is made of vachetta leather. granted, i don't have any experience with vachetta. i have only heard things about it -- mostly on LV bags. mainly i have heard that it can be a delicate leather to deal with. i am not really one to baby and pamper my bags. i am not overly rough with them, but i do believe in actually using them. so i guess i need some reassurance that such a purchase is justifiable. what are your experiences with MJ's vachetta?

also, am i correct in understanding that vachetta should NOT be treated at all? so that means not even a protectant like apple guard's rain and stain?

oh, this is the bag i am contemplating:

[​IMG]

2. i'm not familiar with that particular bag, but i was under the impression that mj bags were not made with vachetta, but rather treated calfskin? i've never read of anyone having problems with that style, so i imagine it's more durable than you think. perhaps someone who's had firsthand experience with that bag will chime in?

3. i dont think it's vachetta, but on some of MJ's earlier bags, like this one, he used a type of calfskin that does oxidize with wear and contact with skin oils... i know lovinmybags makes a product to prevent the 'patina' from happening....you might consider that