considering selling my balenciaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in a cleanin' up kinda mood lately, I say sell that thang! LOL! I've been consigning and eBaying everything I don't or may not need!
Seriously, I guess I'm not a true "bag collector" because to me if you aren't just dying to carry it or if there's no chance of it being a staple, move on to one that will.
To me my bags need to fall into one of those 2 categories:
special occasion/LOVE it so much I'll carry it occasionally or
a wardrobe staple.

Don't get me wrong, if you had a lot of extra cash I'd be supportive of keeping it, but it sounds like your gut tells you to move on.

I think if you REALLY not going to ever use it and not liking it anymore then you should sell it. But I think there will always be things (new LV, chanel, Fendi....etc etc) that will make us fall in love with so I don't think selling it will make much a big different in turn of spending the money elsewhere...it really depend on if you still loving the bag and will or will not regret it later.

Hmm... I tend to buy pricey bags in neutral colors because I want it to last me for a longggg time. I spend less on trendy colors because I know I might get bored of it later. And since pewter is a trendy color (well, to me), maybe you should sell it and get a classic bag such as Chanel and others.

well my 2 cents, i prefer this bag, than the new white one you are pining over. i think that MJ bag is super trendy with the preforated holes in it. just for that i am going to rebel and take my balenciaga pewter out tomorrow! it needs some loving. lol.

fayden said:
well my 2 cents, i prefer this bag, than the new white one you are pining over. i think that MJ bag is super trendy with the preforated holes in it. just for that i am going to rebel and take my balenciaga pewter out tomorrow! it needs some loving. lol.

:nuts: :lol::lol::lol:

I soooooo agree with Fayden! It's an absolutely gorgeous bag! If you decide to sell it, let all of us here know, because I am sure someone here is dying to have that gorgeous gorgeous pewter bag!

I think it may be the weather or whatever, but metallics always cycle back into season and you will be so glad to have hung on to it. It's the classic of all B-bags!!!!

It's a gorgeous bag. Before you sell it you might want to purchase one of your other dream bags (from a store with a generous return policy) so you can compare the two in person and try with various outfits, etc. Sometimes when I do this I realize that I already have just what I wanted. Good luck with your decision!

amanda said:
:sad: i just don't know...it's a beautiful color, but i just don't know...maybe i'll take it out tomorrow to see how i feel about it again.

That sounds like a good idea amanda. Wear it tomorrow and see how you feel. I would keep the bag if I love the bag very very much and I couldn't let go. And I will know it if because I will wear it often and because I love the bag.

But if you don't feel too comfortable wearing it because the silver metalic color then maybe you should sell it and buy another bag you love with the color you love.

Thanks for posting pics. That's silver b bag is still a gorgeous bag!:biggrin:

so i couldn't wear it today because it was going to rain...and at this point, i'm selling, but not until after i get a chance to take it out one more time to make sure.

fayden said:
i wore mine out today, even in the rain! it's a light drizzle. i still love mine. just looking at it while i'm at work makes me happy!

see! that's how i should feel, but i don't. i just feel kinda...blah about it. this thread has really helped me because even though the majority of people said keep it and gave great reasons why, it hasn't convinced me to stick with it, and i was open for convincing.

i just think that, possibly, my one true love is still out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.