Considering parting with my a bag

LeLore

Dec 8, 2011
I do use my Alexa a fair bit but have been reading a few threads today on leather quality etc and realised I'm just not that crazy about her anymore - i dont get that feeling. Is this a sign that I should sell her and get something I am crazy about? Maybe I should have got a regular as sometimes it feels a bit cumbersome.

Anyone ever feel like this ? :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
LeLore said:
I do use my Alexa a fair bit but have been reading a few threads today on leather quality etc and realised I'm just not that crazy about her anymore - i dont get that feeling. Is this a sign that I should sell her and get something I am crazy about? Maybe I should have got a regular as sometimes it feels a bit cumbersome.

Anyone ever feel like this ? :sad:

I'm rambling about my OS Alexa, not sure what happened to the subject text haha :P

I always sell bags I don't feel crazy about anymore. My tastes have changed over the years - I was once crazy about my Balenciaga Day bag as it was slouchy, relaxed and understated. At the time, I never dreamed I would end up preferring the City bag with blingy giant hardware but indeed I did...and a year later I sold my Day and put the proceeds towards a City with giant hardware. I never looked back...I seem to have stuck with the City style and I got my second one just last month.

I also used to love bigger bags and used to have a Mulberry Roxanne Satchel in Oak. And then I stopped carrying as much stuff and realised I wasn't using her, so I made the difficult decision to sell her. Same with my black Mitzy Messenger. The Roxanne Satchel is probably the only bag I've sold where I have later had fleeting regrets...but that has only been on the rare occasions when I could really have done with a large bag to wear on the shoulder. I couldn't really have justified keeping her for a handful of occasions per year!

I have just got a regular Oak Alexa myself and I adore her. When the Alexa first came out, it was the oversized I went crazy about (but never purchased owing to my Balenciaga obsession!) but over time, I have grown to prefer medium-sized bags. The Bal City is probably the largest bag I'll ever carry now. The regular Alexa is just perfect for me and she does seem to have more structure. Perhaps you could sell your oversized for a regular?

I think that as soon as the thought is in your head, it's a sign. If you're thinking you no longer love a bag, then you probably won't use it, so you may as well make the decision to part with it and put the process towards something you do love!

I've only had it for 5 months and have used it a lot, and still do, but I just have that slightly nagging feeling at the back of my head. Its quite wrinkly at the back and as others have said, almost feels it could tear.

I think I'll ponder a bit more and maybe take a trip to Bond st when the new collection is in and see if something makes my heart stop!

LeLore said:
I've only had it for 5 months and have used it a lot, and still do, but I just have that slightly nagging feeling at the back of my head. Its quite wrinkly at the back and as others have said, almost feels it could tear.

I think I'll ponder a bit more and maybe take a trip to Bond st when the new collection is in and see if something makes my heart stop!

So much for pondering! Pics taken and ready to upload...

Well Alexa went off to a new home this morning. I do feel a bit sad actually! OH thinks I shouldn't buy another bag. No surprise there! I have promised to wait a month at least ...hmmm! :biggrin:

I just sold my third Alexa, I was sad taking her to the post office, but I NEED a YSL Easy or a Givenchy Pandora. Since I've moved back to the UK I'm seeing way too many Mulberry bags.

If you did decide you wanted to try out a regular alexa you could always get one from the outlets with the percentage off you can buy a bag which will not lose so much value but still have a nice newbie.
I am also a fan of the regular size and also a bit partial to the smaller alexa too I like a bag to have a bit of structure when carried I find using them very similar to using my city and I added a long strap to that so it can be used as a messenger too!