Food Considering giving up ground meat/beef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloane_Ranger

Dec 13, 2010
I don't know why this never occurred to me before, but recently someone told me that most ground meat (chicken, turkey, beef) contains by products and nasty things human beings should not eat like organs or bits of connective tissue.

I always knew this was true of certain brands of hot dogs and sausages so I avoid things like that most of the time..but I'm seriously considering giving up eating burgers, tacos, etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has more information on this topic?
Google wasn't very helpful

I don't know why this never occurred to me before, but recently someone told me that most ground meat (chicken, turkey, beef) contains by products and nasty things human beings should not eat like organs or bits of connective tissue.

I'm a vegetarian, but there's nothing wrong with eating organs.
I suspect a lot of brands of hot dogs, sauasages and hamburgers have a lot of additives and preservatives in them, and if I ate that sort of thing, I'd be more concerned about that than anything else. You can buy organic free range sausages, burgers, and minced meat products (ground beef products), so you could always try those...there'd be no pink slime in them for starters.

I personally believe there is a lot wrong with eating organs and have always refused to do so..things like tonsils, liver, brains, are full of toxins and anything that has to do with the nerve/spinal cord can increase your risk of contacting bad cow.. I think this is banned in Britain, but I do travel to North America a bit and always consume things like hotdogs and hamburgers on summer holidays..which is why I ask

Status
Not open for further replies.