Considering first goyard purchase

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
I have been considering a simple card holder to replace my LV, but its more than twice the price. Is goyard worth it? I was in bergdorfs today and I felt the St. Louis and the canvas was soooo thin, I couldn't believe the $1,600 price tag.
Do goyard products hold up? Do you think as an LV collector, I will be satisfied? Thank you!

I used to lurk in the world of LV. However, I've recently strayed since all their parent company, LVMH, seems to care about is profit, which they've made evident by outsourcing part of LV's manufacturing to developing countries (read...the cloth tag debacle and no longer stamping the "made in ..." on their SLGs). At least Goyard is still completely made in France. Do be aware, that since each dot component of the Chevron is hand painted, time and wear will eventually cause them to fade slightly. If you want another option, Hermes makes also makes a bifold card holder, which I prefer because it holds more, that's around $700, but it's all leather, not canvas lined with leather as you will be getting with LV or Goyard.

I used to lurk in the world of LV. However, I've recently strayed since all their parent company, LVMH, seems to care about is profit, which they've made evident by outsourcing part of LV's manufacturing to developing countries (read...the cloth tag debacle and no longer stamping the "made in ..." on their SLGs). At least Goyard is still completely made in France. Do be aware, that since each dot component of the Chevron is hand painted, time and wear will eventually cause them to fade slightly. If you want another option, Hermes makes also makes a bifold card holder, which I prefer because it holds more, that's around $700, but it's all leather, not canvas lined with leather as you will be getting with LV or Goyard.

Sad to report, they are no longer hand painted.....but still made in France.

I do challenge my Goyard wallets to an H wallet anyday. :smile:

I don't own any but I would say yes. The history alone makes it very special. As a lv lover I would think you probably enjoy purse history so I would say yes. I would think a piece of goyard would be great with you lv collection. Good luck with you choice.

Sad to report, they are no longer hand painted.....but still made in France.

I do challenge my Goyard wallets to an H wallet anyday. :smile:

I didn't realize this, when did they stop hand painting?

OP if that is the case maybe look for an older one on eBay? I would want them to be hand painted or I would expect a lower price point than those that were hand painted.

I didn't realize this, when did they stop hand painting?

OP if that is the case maybe look for an older one on eBay? I would want them to be hand painted or I would expect a lower price point than those that were hand painted.

At least a few years ago from what i remember....they stop hand painting and the prices go up??????