Considering buying a Taylor..

Betsy2712

Mulberry Addict
O.G.
Nov 28, 2010
Happy New Year!

Need to post this short message first as my last one didn't go through..

Ok.. I'm good to go.. My Mulberry craving is back...! I really want a new bag, I tend to buy cheaper bags which don't last. I love my Daria clutch I have used it a few times, but not enough yet for it to look loved.

I saw the Taylor :heart: I really like the oversized version in black, which would be more practical for my idea of daily use. (I do love the grey though)

Although I am keen, I am a little put off by the shoulder strap, which is very long. So just after advice re adjusting the strap or adding more holes has anyone done this?

Also is the bag suitable for daily use? And does it keep its shape well?

Also can I ask can you buy inserts for bags, so they keep their shape when you are using them?

Also do Mulberry ever discount further or are Taylor's a bit cheaper in the outlet stores?

Thanks for any help/suggestions! And sorry for all the questions

:smile:

Happy New Year!

Need to post this short message first as my last one didn't go through..

Ok.. I'm good to go.. My Mulberry craving is back...! I really want a new bag, I tend to buy cheaper bags which don't last. I love my Daria clutch I have used it a few times, but not enough yet for it to look loved.

I saw the Taylor :heart: I really like the oversized version in black, which would be more practical for my idea of daily use. (I do love the grey though)

Although I am keen, I am a little put off by the shoulder strap, which is very long. So just after advice re adjusting the strap or adding more holes has anyone done this?

Also is the bag suitable for daily use? And does it keep its shape well?

Also can I ask can you buy inserts for bags, so they keep their shape when you are using them?

Also do Mulberry ever discount further or are Taylor's a bit cheaper in the outlet stores?

Thanks for any help/suggestions! And sorry for all the questions

:smile:

Hi Betsy,
Was trying the OS Taylor on today. The strap is very long. I'm about 5'9" and it was long on me, though you could get extra holes put in at a leathersmiths or cobblers if you don't want to do it yourself. When I took all the paper stuffing out I found it was quite 'saggy' if you know what I mean. The shoulder strap fastens onto the fittings for the hand carrying handle (sorry for the grammar there just unsure how to word that any better), so for me it wasn't a bag I would choose. There are bag liners available, if you type bag liner into ebay or google etc you will find them. Though it doesn't keep your bag looking as it does with paper stuffing. The best thing I can suggest is if you live near a branch of House of Fraser or John Lewis, pop in and try one on. Take the stuffing out and see how it feels on. Hope that's some help...
;)

Thanks very much Steph22 and Mooshooshoo - I have tried it on albeit without the stuffing out , I personally have found that I don't like many bags once the stuffing is out, so will explore the liners to try and reduce the 'saggy' look.

I wasn't too keen on the strap being attached to the handle, but would more likely wear on my arm most of the time.

Anyone on here have one? What do you think of the bag?

Hi Betsy,
I've got a large Taylor and it's lovely. I don't find the strap too long on my shoulder and I'm only 5'3" but I do find the bag too big to wear cross body. What I have done with mine to make it a bit different is double the strap through the fittings to make it a shorter shoulder strap.

Betsy2712 said:
Thanks Smally that's a good idea. do use the bag daily? What do you think about the sagging?

I'm thinking about the Taylor too... Although I'm hoping it will reduce further in the next couple of weeks... Like the Tillies in the summer... I don't think the Taylor is selling as well as the others and you may find a mulberry may reduce them a little further... Or maybe not?

I will keep my eyes peeled but right now... It's a no for me on the Taylor until further discounted!

Hi Ruthie_1 I was planning on going tomorrow...! Now maybe not ;) lol I wasn't sure whether the prices would go down any further, but if they did that would be a bonus!

Do you know when the Mulberry winter sale usually ends?

Thanks Smally that's a good idea. do use the bag daily? What do you think about the sagging?

I've only had mine a few weeks and have used it a couple of times, I tend to change my bags daily. I would describe it as slouchy rather than saggy and I do like the slouchiness. It is not a structured bag like the bays although the reg sized one slouches less than the large one

Thanks Mooshooshoo - yes I love the bag on the lady!!! I think I'm certain its for me... (although I did by an Armani bag and changed my mind the next day so am looking to sell that!) so hopefully I have got this one right!

I have checked on m.com and the bag is sold out, so I do need to decide whether to take a chance and wait for a possible reduction or just buy it....

I've only had mine a few weeks and have used it a couple of times, I tend to change my bags daily. I would describe it as slouchy rather than saggy and I do like the slouchiness. It is not a structured bag like the bays although the reg sized one slouches less than the large one

Thanks - I'm getting excited.... :dothewave: