Considering bergamo...would you get it if you already have a trevi?

kohl_mascara

On to the next one!
O.G.
Oct 30, 2008
I am absolutely in love with the bergamo. I am obsessed with this style and already have two bags that can be worn shoulder or hand held. One is my ferragamo katia (smaller and more lady like) and the trevi (had it since 2008 and it's one of my fav bags but havent worn it the past one-two years because I feel like I see it everywhere).

However, I am worried that the trevi and bergamo are too similar? They are both damier print and can be worn on the shoulder and hand held by the top handle. The structure is almost the same except the bergamo does not have pleats but a turn lock. I also love the brea but think it's again, also very similar to the trevi but a bit too plain for my taste. I also prefer ghw, so the bergamo is totally singing to me right now.

I think, but am not positive that I saw it in vernis, but I am not a fan of vernis. I have the rosewood in amarante and barely use it. Does anyone know if the bergamo comes in other prints/leathers? And if it only comes in damier, would you get it if you also had the trevi?

Thanks for your input!!!

Thank you peachy and redduchess! My guy and my mom both think they are very similar bags. I kind of agree since both are similar in size, have the same print and can be used in the same two ways. I suppose at least my taste is consistent! I guess I'll have to think on this some more...but would love more comments from other members!

I also think they look kinda similar...if you haven't used your Trevi in over a year, have you thought about selling it and using the money towards a Bergamo?

I also think they look kinda similar...if you haven't used your Trevi in over a year, have you thought about selling it and using the money towards a Bergamo?

this is what i was thinking too ... maybe sell the Trevi and get the Bergamo.

Thanks for the suggestion! It is tempting but I don't like selling my stuff because my mom always taught me to buy things to keep. That is why I take a long time thinking about my purchases before buying. So for the slg, bags, jewelry, etc. that I don't use anymore, I tend to give away to close friends, family members, etc. I wanted to give the rosewood to my guy's mom, but she said she didn't like it, so I gave her my Sarah wallet instead. BUT I will never give the trevi away, even if I never use it because my parents bought it for me when they went to Paris and it holds special meaning to me :smile:

Plus, I still love it!

I am having the same dilemma, not sure how much they look alike in person so I am waiting to see the Bergamo in the store...have you tried the Bergamo on, are they very similar in size and shape. They look different enough for me to justify it if I really like it LOL!

GL deciding!

i think while they are different, with the same pattern, in my opinion they both are very structured bags and I would consider them similar. But you're talking to someone who would buy Balenciaga days in every color, so I don't necessarily think diversity is important if you love something :P

I feel like they're different since the Bergamo have a long strap that allows you to use it as a cross body. Plus, if you take the longer strap out, you can take it to weddings as well (noth with the GM IMO) definitely get it! :smile:

I saw the Bergamo in person yesterday. Yes it is a structured bag but different from the trevi. The bergamo has one handle vs. the trevi's 2 handles. On me, the bergamo hangs lower than the trevi when worn on the shoulder. My concern with the bergamo is the way the flap opens. If you are in a rush and need to open your bag to reach in it, you would have to place it on a surface so that the flap faces you, kwim? It seems akward. The trevi has to handles so you can keep her on your arm and just reach in your bag. Much more secure, comfortable.

I am having the same dilemma, not sure how much they look alike in person so I am waiting to see the Bergamo in the store...have you tried the Bergamo on, are they very similar in size and shape. They look different enough for me to justify it if I really like it LOL!

GL deciding!

Haha I like the way you think. I actually have not tried it on but I will go this weekend to see if the boutique has it. I have a feeling they are similar in size. I guess it's the damier print that is keeping me from getting it because while I love it, I don't want all the same colored/patterned bags, if that makes sense.

i think while they are different, with the same pattern, in my opinion they both are very structured bags and I would consider them similar. But you're talking to someone who would buy Balenciaga days in every color, so I don't necessarily think diversity is important if you love something :P

Ita with you. If it came in damier azur...okay, to me it's different enough to justify getting it but since both are damier ebene and same style and shape, at first glance they are pretty dang similar. Well even though b bags are the same bag, I feel the color makes it different! And oooh the colors, they are so yummy and fun! I guess I don't want my wardrobe to be filled with shoulder/top handled structured bags in dark checkered print lol.

I feel like they're different since the Bergamo have a long strap that allows you to use it as a cross body. Plus, if you take the longer strap out, you can take it to weddings as well (noth with the GM IMO) definitely get it! :smile:

Thank you!! I like the idea of wearing it cross body. It also kinda reminds me of luggage as another tpfer mentioned, but I like it :biggrin: also, you're in south pas? I live in sm! Howdy neighbor! :cool:

I saw the Bergamo in person yesterday. Yes it is a structured bag but different from the trevi. The bergamo has one handle vs. the trevi's 2 handles. On me, the bergamo hangs lower than the trevi when worn on the shoulder. My concern with the bergamo is the way the flap opens. If you are in a rush and need to open your bag to reach in it, you would have to place it on a surface so that the flap faces you, kwim? It seems akward. The trevi has to handles so you can keep her on your arm and just reach in your bag. Much more secure, comfortable.

Ah yeah, that is like my katia and like the Kelly bag. I guess the bergamo is a fusion of the trevi and the sf katia lol. I am used to this style so it does not bother me as much. I should really check it out in person, thanks for the info!

Thank you!! I like the idea of wearing it cross body. It also kinda reminds me of luggage as another tpfer mentioned, but I like it :biggrin: also, you're in south pas? I live in sm! Howdy neighbor! :cool:

SM as in San Marino?! I live in San Marino too! (I go to a boarding school there) but since not a lot of people heard of San Marino, I always tell people I live in South Pasadena to make life easier :lol:

SM as in San Marino?! I live in San Marino too! (I go to a boarding school there) but since not a lot of people heard of San Marino, I always tell people I live in South Pasadena to make life easier :lol:

Yes! Lol, I tell people Pasadena. How funny. I think I know which boarding school because there is only one!