Considering a Palermo PM - thoughts?

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
Hi all,

I haven't been active here in a while, mostly because I've been trying to hold off on buying any new bags, and hanging out at tPF just makes me want *everything!* :graucho:

So I haven't bought any mono at all in the last few years, but keep finding myself drawn to the Palermo PM. I looked at one yesterday, and like the styling, the multiple interior pockets and the detachable longer strap. However the strap seemed just a little short for cross-body wear, which is what I'd want for travel. If they made this bag in Damier, I'd jump regardless.

My other option would be to purchase a long strap for my Damier Speedy.

So what are the pros and cons of the Palermo PM? Did it live up to your expectations?

I tried the palermo pm on and it was too small for me. I also have a one year old so I am hauling a ton of stuff around. I ended up with the gm and love it. I travel with it quite frequently and can't say enough good things about it!

I had the PM and wore it off and on for 2 years. Loved Loved Loved this bag. I finally sold it back in January after buying the Artsy, which ironically hasn't been carried much, and now I regret it. I love the versatility of this bag (pockets, handle carry, shoulder carry, not to big but big enough for everything I needed and then some, elegant zipper) I will more than likely buy this bag again in the "near" future.

I never wore it cross body but I know a few of the ladies here have purchased the longer strap and it worked out fine for them. I would check out the Palermo club for photos to give you a better idea.

I absolutely think that this bag is gorgeous and really versatile given the strap. If I do desire another mono bag again this would definitely be at the top of my list!

I was originally drawn to the palermo PM too as it's versatility, but for me I wanted something comfortable on the shoulder so I got the galliera PM. I would go for the palermo PM and if you are drawn to it, you will always be!

Thanks for the responses everyone, keep 'em coming!

I hadn't thought about buying the longer strap...that may be my perfect solution. I looked at the GM but it was too big for me for every day use.

I really like all the pockets in this bag and the thick zipper is also a plus. Sometimes I wish the handles were rolled instead of flat but the flat ones are more comfy if you tend to wear your bag in the crook or your arm. I bought a longer strap for it because I usually like to have my hands free at some point. The included strap is just too short for crossbody wear. I also use the long strap for my Galliera.

The palermo pm was my first choice, but when I tried on the GM and realized it can be carried so many different ways I bought it instead. I like the fact that with the GM you can use the shorter straps on the shoulder, and I use the longer strap for crossbody. And I can fill it to the brim and it doesn't look like it's stuffed.

What are the dimensions on the GM? I'm short (5'1") and want a bag that will work for every day use. I don't want to look like I'm toting around a piece of luggage. ;)

^^ I'm your height too... I tried on the GM today... I think it's too big for everyday use... but good for travelling or as a diaper bag. Choose the PM if you're going to use it as an everyday bag.