Considering a Nikki

seven_of_nine

Apr 10, 2008
Hello everyone :biggrin:

I know, I'm new. I've been a long time lurker and have decided to get the guts to introduce myself and start posting. For those of you who haven't seen this on the Chat thread, I'll copy and paste it into here. :smile:

"My name is Tammy and I am the seventh daughter of NINE girls! Big Catholic family. Along with handbags, I enjoy working from home and hanging out with my three kids when they come home from college. My husband works across the world in Taiwan but visits three times a month. I look forward to getting to know all of you!"

Back to the bag chatter! I am really thinking of buying a Nikki, should I do a Mini or a Regular? How different are the sizes? I'm so confused, I don't even know where to start! :tispy:

baghag411

~ Michelle ~
O.G.
May 29, 2008
Welcome S_O_N :flowers: It just depends on how big you like your bags. Personally, I love the Nikki. If you don't carry very much or want a lighter weight bag, then go with the Mini. There are two threads for Mini Nikki lovers and Nikki lovers. There are plenty of modeling pictures in those threads as well.

Also, the type of leather you chose will have a lot to do with the weight of the Nikki. Cow leather tends to be a little heavier. Lambskin is much lighter.

Is there a color you are contemplating??

seven_of_nine

Apr 10, 2008
I think a Regular would be sufficient. I'm not sure about color, I'm not a big fan of anything other than black usually, I do however love fuscia, seafoam, and purple. Those colors are simply divine! I'm going to have to head over to the other threads to check out my options! RM is so fabulous :heart:

norne

O.G.
May 14, 2006
Hi there and welcome! I have a Nikki, a MAB, MAM and a MAC (tomorrow also two Rockers, yay!). My Cloud Grey Nikki is the only bag I haven't considered selling of the large bags. It's really slouchy and comfortable for a hobo. I keep getting tempted about buying another Nikki in Teal.

JennyErin

O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
I love my mini nikki but I think I will get a regular one too, its nice to have the option of more space, I carry a lot of crap around and sometimes mini gets a bit to full lol. Are you close to a store, you could always go try on both styles as that may help you decide as well.

chayna

Feb 18, 2009
Hi Seven, I love my Nikki's own several in the full size. If you're a hobo girl then I believe you will love the Nikki. These are the reasons why I personally love mine.
1. When fully loaded it doesn't look too big.
2. When not so loaded it looks good.
3. Never ever slips off my shoulder.
4. Conforms to the body.
5. Easy to get into
6. I can find my stuff pretty much as it all goes to the bottom of the bag (some people don't like that)
7. The leather is fantastic (especially Cloud Grey, BlackCat & Pale Grey)well they're all pretty nice, the only one that's still pretty stiff is the Seagreen that came out I believe in 2008.
8. No large nameplates/tags just subtle Rebecca Minkoff engraved on the hardware.
9. The linings are very durable
10. Plenty of pockets.
If you do get one I hope you love the style as much as I do.:love:

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
I have 2 so far and LOVE them. Mine are both regular size and lambskin. They are so soft and cuddly, you just want to hug them close all day long. As another poster said above, they look good with a lot of stuff in them and also look good with only a little stuff. I always go for black bags too but you should get crazy and add some color to your collection. My nikkis are rose and aqua colored. I LOVE them.

somechick

hook em horns!
Jul 7, 2008
i find that i perfer the mini. i am 5'5" and a size 4 (US).

i have several minis and only one full size. i have carried the full size only once and the minis get carried often in the bag rotation. however, i do need to give the full size another try as the minis are not currently in production and a little harder to find. also the mini is sometimes limited in color options. of course, if you are after black that should not be too difficult to find.