Considering a 5 Motif Bracelet and Concerned About Wear...

kcmo

May 31, 2015
Hello Ladies,

I'm learning so much on this forum and would love to hear from those who wear a 5 motif bracelet, specifically in MOP.

I own a vintage Alhambra pendant in rose gold, as well as a 6 motif sweet Alhambra bracelet in rose gold. I adore both and wear them 24/7 most days (before rotating with other pieces). I admit it's wonderful not having to worry about taking these off before sleep or showering, etc!

I'm now considering my third VCA piece - a 5 motif bracelet in yellow gold and MOP. Such a stunner. I've tried it paired with my rose gold sweet bracelet and even though they're two different shades of gold, they look just stunning together IMO. The difference in gold is so subtle.

My question is, just how hard wearing is this bracelet? I realize I won't be able to shower with it and wear it the same way as my 6 motif, but how delicate will I have to be with it? As I have a three year old, I'm constantly washing hands, etc., and realize I'd have to be sure to take it off before bathing her, etc....something I never have to think about with my sweet bracelet.

TIA for your feedback!!

Hi. I have the black onyx one and find it quite easy to wear out. It's very comfortable for me especially compared to bangles as it moves and flexes. I also wash my hands quite a bit. Typing etc is also easier with this bracelet than with a solid bangle.
I am considering the white mother of pearl and have heard it's pretty durable. I wouldn't shower with it but I would guess daily activities are fine.

Thanks yogagirl.... would you wear the white mop alongside your onyx? Lovely!!
Yes. In fact I have the all yellow gold one and I wear them together all the time.
I buying the white mother of pearl for summer and to wear with the black onyx since most of my clothes are black.

Ok well after another visit to VCA I've changed my mind!!! I'm now either going for the 5 motif bracelet in onyx/YG or the vintage pendant in onyx/YG. Both are stunning!!! Turns out, the MOP just looked too washed out on me as I'm fair skinned.

The best part is that the SA assured me that the onyx pieces are much easier to wear in terms of being able to shower/sleep with them!!! SO happy to hear this.

Now to decide between the bracelet and pendant!