Confusion about destination wedding dress

Hi all, I'm having a destination wedding next year and I'm so lost and discouraged about the wedding dress. The wedding will be sort of on the beach but still in a restaurant so the dress can still be fancy. I have tried on many and I don't look good in mermaid or trumpet or sheath styles (larger hips smaller top and my hips is not what I like to draw the eye to) A line and ball gown look nice but nothing is catching my eye as spectacular, my budget is under 2k and I really like dresses with rhinestones or sparkle. Any help or advice ? I would appreciate any and all suggestions as my morale and general feeling is going down about this subject and it's a horrible feeling. Thank you !

You still have at least a year? Don't be down :hugs: You'll KNOW it when you see it! Sometimes it's our first dress we try on, sometimes it takes months!

Sorry you are feeling so frustrated. Wedding dress shopping is supposed to be fun, but I know it can be stressful. What designers have you looked at? I just purchased my gown from Casablanca Bridal. They have a very large selection and their prices are very reasonable. Most of their dresses that I tried on were less than $1500. Have you looked through bridal magazines or gone to any bridal shows?

The SA at my shop said most dresses don't take more than 5-6 months, so don't stress too much yet.

I had a beach wedding & went with a Maggie Sottero gown. She's got a lot of gorgeous styles- many with just the right amount of rhinestones & flair :smile:

Thanks you guys! The Wedding is beginning of June next year, so less than a year left and counting down, I was told the dresses take 6-8 months to come in! Who knows if I will even still like it by then?! I guess nothing else to do but keep looking, thanks for the suggestions! Will look into Casablanca and Maggie sottero!

If I remember correctly, the Maggie Sottero website has pics of real brides in their gowns. I think it helps to see what dresses look like on women who don't weigh 100 pounds :smile:

Thanks so much, I actually just saw those photos, they are super helpful! I am not sure about buying off the rack, the stores I have been to only have 1 sample of each model dress that's torn up from being tried on by everyone, but its definitely something to consider too!

I just want to say that although most ladies would love to go bridal shopping, I would suffer from snow-blindness just thinking about so many similar white dresses and I love clothes shopping.

Just a thought, if you're not liking bridal styles too much, look out for Summer sale stock in white or colours that suit you and you know you love. You could save literally thousands if you do manage to find something.

maybe you should try an empire style - it will skim over your hips. even if you don't do the empire, a soft (vs. structured material) bottom will hide a multitude of sins and will fit the beach setting really well. having embellishments make them appropriate for a fancy indoor reception as well. jenny packham has a lot of these types of gowns that could serve as inspiration. the second gown has a version with the shoulders and decolletage covered by embellishments.

Untitled.jpgUntitled2.jpg

here are more blingy versions

11.jpg12.jpg

Last edited: