Confused! Second Chance offer after my item sold??

Mar 14, 2008
Ok, so let me break it down. I did a search to try and figure this out on my own, but came up empty. I just sold two items on the bay and I received payment for both. However, ebay is telling me that I have two items availible for second chance offers. I don't quite understand what this means?? Can anyone enlighten me please?

Ok, so let me break it down. I did a search to try and figure this out on my own, but came up empty. I just sold two items on the bay and I received payment for both. However, ebay is telling me that I have two items availible for second chance offers. I don't quite understand what this means?? Can anyone enlighten me please?
If you have more of the same item, maybe they are saying you can sell it ? Is the message in your ebay My Messages - could be a scam if not. 2nd chance stuff is kind of dicey to me....people have been known to hijack your account and try to get the money by offering a second chance on YOUR item ( that they don't actually have)

All it means is that you had multiple bidders on each of your items. As a result, you have the option to offer a second chance offer on each item to the second to highest bidders (or third to highest, etc.). So for example, if one of your buyers doesn't pay (I know you said above they did, but just as an example), or if they pay, receive the item and change their mind about it, or if you run into a difficulty with one of your buyers, etc. you have the option to offer your item to those "second in line" without having to relist and go through the bidding process all over again.

It's an automatic thing that shows up on ebay when you have multiple bidders and, of course, you don't have to take advantage of it. I think the option is available for 30 days following the close of an auction but don't quote me on that.

Hope this makes sense?

It just means that those items had other bidders, so if something should fall through with the buyers, you can offer a Second Chance to the next higher bidder(s) for that item.