Confused! Is the lambskin on wallets the same as the bags?

May 1, 2006
Can Chanel experts help me please? I was talking to an SA today about purchasing a Chanel wallet and she said the one I liked (the bottom one in the attached pic) is made of lambskin.

I thought lambskin was really delicate? So does that mean I should not purchase this wallet? :confused1: :shrugs:

any advice?

thanks!:heart:

^ The lambskin is SO GORGEOUS! Way better than the cambon, seriously! It probably will be really delicate though. =( Do they have one that style in caviar?

I have this wallet in light beige. It's so beautiful, but easy to get scratch. Mine has a few scratches after using it just a few weeks. At first, I was a bit upset, but now I'm totally fine with it. I even got another credit card holder in lambskin and have planned to get another wallet in red lamb as well. One thing though, I don't know if it's a nature of lambskin but as time goes by the leather is a bit dull.

Thank you for all the responses already! I was just checking the board one last time before I go to bed!

Ok so I am definitely saying no to the cambon style. (thanks to your expert advice) :yes:

I will ask the SA tomorrow if the wallet comes in caviar. I do love lambskin - it's so soft and lovely - but in a year will it look awful? :shrugs:

I will let you all know what the SA says tomorrow.

Sweet dreams!:sleepy:

i like the bottom one most. Unless the inside of the cambon is fuchsia...then the choice would be more difficult for me.

Although lambskin's more delicate, I think it's ok for a wallet, since it's mostly in your bag and not as subject to scratches like a bag. Beware of keys though!

I have the black lambskin wallet on the bottom of your pic in the smaller size and it's alot more durable than I thought it would be. My wallet gets beat up and I've yet to see a scratch on it.

Tyaz, your wallet is very beautiful. I love lambskin in coral. I have e/w bag in this color and love it more than my red one. May I ask if this wallet has a snap closure/button?