confused about the cervo antik drawstring bag

nina_mac

Aug 26, 2007
Hi!

Just bought the Cervo Antik Drawstring bag from Bergdorf Goodman about a month ago . I have yet to use this bag but am planning to make this my everyday bag.
Been reading some posts about how fragile certain finishes are. Is this bag one of those fragile bags that will eventually look like it is peeling off? I got it for 50% off...a good deal but still contemplating on returning soon if it turns out to be too fragile a bag.

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...6_requestid%3D13034%26N%3D4294967071%26st%3Ds

Thanks.

Definitely not an everyday bag - will show wear quickly - especially the darker colors. Go to a Prada store and see the cervo antik bags on display - they often show "wear" - simply from being handled in the store - even though they are new. Some people like that look though - it's a personal decision. Personally, I don't want to buy a bag - even at a great price - that will look worn.

Unless you are very very hard on your bags, this bag will be fine. I think some people are too paranoid. A bag is meant to be used - and you got this bag at a great price. My prada bags wear fine - the only bags I have ever had an issue with color fading, etc are balenciaga! When I see someone with a bag that has "wear" that means the person loves the bag and is enjoying it! I say go for it!

thank you cougess, i think you are absolutley right. i just purchased the prada cervo antik in the burgandy shade. i just treated it with love my bags handle and pro treatment. hopefully it will look good as it ages. going to give it a shot. thanks

I have that exact bag in Cacao from 2006, and it does look more distressed, BUT I LOVE this bag to pieces and would NEVER get rid of it....gives the bag even more character, and I really love it.