Confused about my new bag... did my SA get it wrong?

Freetofly

Jul 16, 2016
I was at Chanel earlier this week to buy a mini. I was after something in caviar but they didn't have anything. I specified I didn't want lambskin as it's too delicate for daily use. My SA produced this little beauty and told me it was in calfskin.
IridescentMini.jpg

I'm ok with calfskin so I bought it. But when I took it home and compared it to my other lambskin bag, it felt just as soft and delicate. I don't have any calfskin bags so not sure what they should feel like.
But I also saw this listed on the Chanel website:
http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fashion...c-lambskin.17S.A01112Y615390B395.sto.new.html
It's a larger version but definitely lambskin. Now I'm confused what material my bag is. Does anyone know?

I was at Chanel earlier this week to buy a mini. I was after something in caviar but they didn't have anything. I specified I didn't want lambskin as it's too delicate for daily use. My SA produced this little beauty and told me it was in calfskin.
View attachment 3634641

I'm ok with calfskin so I bought it. But when I took it home and compared it to my other lambskin bag, it felt just as soft and delicate. I don't have any calfskin bags so not sure what they should feel like.
http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fashion...c-lambskin.17S.A01112Y615390B395.sto.new.html
It's a larger version but definitely lambskin. Now I'm confused what material my bag is. Does anyone know?

Do you have the ticket? That may help for other Chanel forum members or another Chanel boutique in determining what type of leather is this mini. I also would be leary about the s.a. They are out to make a sale and I have been scammed in the past by Chanel Boutique s. a. Julia

Reactions: CcRn
Do you have the ticket? That may help for other Chanel forum members or another Chanel boutique in determining what type of leather is this mini. I also would be leary about the s.a. They are out to make a sale and I have been scammed in the past by Chanel Boutique s. a. Julia
No I don't have the ticket, and there's no stickers on the box.
I never get the ticket when I purchase from Chanel though, I think that's normal here?

View attachment 3634641

Hi! This new mini from 17SS is made in lambskin with metallic coating.

Reactions: lindamirella
View attachment 3634641

I was told by a Chanel SA that these lambskin bags are actually MORE delicate than the regular lambskin, and should not be used as everyday bags. Your SA should have known this...I would return it if I were you (if you were expecting a more carefree bag).

These metallics are so beautiful but a word of caution; I have been told by multiple SA's that the metallic colors can not be touched up. Even if it were calfskin, if the metallic color got scratched etc, I'm not too sure anything could be done about it.

These metallics are so beautiful but a word of caution; I have been told by multiple SA's that the metallic colors can not be touched up. Even if it were calfskin, if the metallic color got scratched etc, I'm not too sure anything could be done about it.
Confirming that this is exactly what I heard too.

I've asked a personal shopper and this is lambskin

I can't believe your SA lied to you (intentionally or unintentionally). If you're 100% looking for a calfskin mini I would return it

Everyone can I ask your opinions on this please... I really can't decide.

If you were looking for a mini as a special occasions bag (say dinners out, theatre etc a couple of times a month max) would you keep the bag or return/exchange it?

Also does anyone know if we're allowed to return chanel purchased in the UK? My SA only mentioned exchange in 14 days at the time.

Everyone can I ask your opinions on this please... I really can't decide.

If you were looking for a mini as a special occasions bag (say dinners out, theatre etc a couple of times a month max) would you keep the bag or return/exchange it?

Also does anyone know if we're allowed to return chanel purchased in the UK? My SA only mentioned exchange in 14 days at the time.
I think the bag is nice for special nights out. Lambskin is very luxurious and I love it.

I would return it if you wanted to use it as a weekend bag to go shopping and travelling though. It may show wear a little too quickly. Especially in this vibrant purple colour

I think the bag is nice for special nights out. Lambskin is very luxurious and I love it.

I would return it if you wanted to use it as a weekend bag to go shopping and travelling though. It may show wear a little too quickly. Especially in this vibrant purple colour

Unfortunately there is no other bag in stock in London at the moment that I'd like to exchange for. I wouldn't want another lambskin. Not sure if they'll accept returns, especially as a part of the bag was paid for with a Selfridges giftcard.