Conflicted on Future Bracelet Purchase...

#2 all the way! I tried the necklace version on recent and was instantly on my must buy in future list! I am a bracelet stacker so the bracelet version doesn't work for me.
Agree with others that the sweety might feel too small in long run and I am personally not a fan of the Victoria line.

That was my concern. I love sweet / mini earrings but I now realized I prefer bigger necklaces and bracelets - which equates unfortunately to more money. Sigh. :biggrin: Thank you for your thoughts :smile:

I think someone on TPF once wrote, "Buy the best, cry once; settle and cry for a lifetime."

My advice to you - take a breather and buy nothing right now. I have been there and seeing everyone's lovely purchases doesn't help.

If you don't like these diamond purchases a month or two down the road, you will get less than half what you paid for them.

Don't buy because it's VCA. Buy because you love it and will wear it.

I vote vintage pave. I don't like the sweet vintage as I don't feel it makes much impact. I have nothing against Tiffany but personally feel other than the marquise clasp, there's nothing unique about the bracelet that would make me want to invest in that particular piece. You could custom any tennis bracelet made by a reputable jeweler that would look just as amazing and also go for bigger stones. The vintage pave is classic, timeless and just breathtaking. If I was going to spend this money, I would buy something special and original.

I think someone on TPF once wrote, "Buy the best, cry once; settle and cry for a lifetime."

My advice to you - take a breather and buy nothing right now. I have been there and seeing everyone's lovely purchases doesn't help.

If you don't like these diamond purchases a month or two down the road, you will get less than half what you paid for them.

Don't buy because it's VCA. Buy because you love it and will wear it.

Hi Hadassa,
Thank you, your advice really resonates with me.
I haven't purchased any VCA jewelry for three years and this year I decided I can purchase a few items. This is the year of practical things (earrings) that I can enjoy everyday. After all, what is the point of buying pieces that you take out once a year - those are actually my lotus earrings. I have no regret purchasing them, but for the amount they cost I wish I could wear them more often, such as to work. But nonetheless a happy purchase!! I also realized VCA is really the only jewelry that makes my heart flutter so I think I am going to stick with VCA. Not just because it is VCA, but I just love the design of so many pieces (not all, thank goodness!!). I have decided I will definitely go for the vintage alhambra pave 5 motif bracelet (thanks ladies who provided their input!!!). However I do agree I am going to take a step back and decided to wait a bit, there's no rush. Price fluctuations don't really bother me, not at this price point, lol! I am pretty much set on the pave bracelet but with the 50th Anniversary of the Alhambra line looming, it's making me hesitate to make any big ticket purchases at this moment.

Thank you for your valuable advice, xo.:heart::heart::heart:

I vote vintage pave. I don't like the sweet vintage as I don't feel it makes much impact. I have nothing against Tiffany but personally feel other than the marquise clasp, there's nothing unique about the bracelet that would make me want to invest in that particular piece. You could custom any tennis bracelet made by a reputable jeweler that would look just as amazing and also go for bigger stones. The vintage pave is classic, timeless and just breathtaking. If I was going to spend this money, I would buy something special and original.

Thank you jssl - I actually love the sweet earrings, but I do agree this pave bracelet had so little impact. Glad I decided against it, I love when I can scratch something off my wishlist :biggrin:

Hi Hadassa,
I haven't purchased any VCA jewelry for three years and this year I decided I can purchase a few items. This is the year of practical things (earrings) that I can enjoy everyday. After all, what is the point of buying pieces that you take out once a year - those are actually my lotus earrings. I have no regret purchasing them, but for the amount they cost I wish I could wear them more often, such as to work. But nonetheless a happy purchase!! I also realized VCA is really the only jewelry that makes my heart flutter so I think I am going to stick with VCA. Not just because it is VCA, but I just love the design of so many pieces (not all, thank goodness!!). I have decided I will definitely go for the vintage alhambra pave 5 motif bracelet (thanks ladies who provided their input!!!). However I do agree I am going to take a step back and decided to wait a bit, there's no rush. Price fluctuations don't really bother me, not at this price point, lol! I am pretty much set on the pave bracelet but with the 50th Anniversary of the Alhambra line looming, it's making me hesitate to make any big ticket purchases at this moment.

Great decision both ways - choosing the 5-motifs Pave and also deciding to wait a bit.

Next year's potential offerings are also making me hesitant to make any big ticket purchases right now. Plus, like you, I have made a couple big ticket purchases that sit in my safe unworn [emoji20]

Reactions: Coconuts40
Hi Hadassa,

I absolutely agree with Hadassa and with your decision to take a step back to think about your purchase. You're right, what's a little price increase at this price-point? If anything, I wish I'd waited on my 3 VCA purchases last year - prices have actually reduced since I bought them! I also regret the purchase of my Sweet pave bracelet hugely!! I wish the SA hadn't pressured me into buying something just b/c they had imposed some silly deadline and she wanted to make a commission on a sale. Based on my usual jewellery which I wore to VCA, she should've known the Sweet was too small and incompatible with my other jewellery. I'm glad you're taking some time-out for a moment's breather to think about the purchase and make sure it is something that you 100% want and 100% are going to wear. It's a shame that your Lotus earrings are not being aired out. One final thing I'd like to say is that the 5-magic Alhambra pave bracelet is going to be VERY blingy and VERY recognisable/ noticeable. May I ask what is the reason you're not wearing the Lotus earrngs more often? Is it bc they're too blingy? You'd have the same "issue" with the 5-motif Alhambra pave bracelet, as nice an "issue" as it would be.

(I was actually going to suggest a non-branded tennis bracelet, if that's what you'd like to wear to work, to wear daily).

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: HADASSA
Totally agree. Having been a fan for Tiffany - for their engagement ring, wedding ring, and masterpiece jewerly, and the most important - their excellent service. Just shared my experience @ Tiffany for their great service (Exchange/upgrade wedding band - great service @ Tiffany again). So either way, your heart will go for the one you feel right on you, and will stand out to represent you.:smile:

I wish we had some idea about what's coming...
Like many here, I'm reluctant to purchase until I know what options we may have for vintage Alhambra.
Curious about next year's holiday pendant too.
TGG, at least we know what's available at the moment - most of which you might already have ;)

But I am curious too as to this year's Holiday Pendant, since I am yet to own one and the 50th Anniversary might be spectacular :girlsigh:

I absolutely agree with Hadassa and with your decision to take a step back to think about your purchase. You're right, what's a little price increase at this price-point? If anything, I wish I'd waited on my 3 VCA purchases last year - prices have actually reduced since I bought them! I also regret the purchase of my Sweet pave bracelet hugely!! I wish the SA hadn't pressured me into buying something just b/c they had imposed some silly deadline and she wanted to make a commission on a sale. Based on my usual jewellery which I wore to VCA, she should've known the Sweet was too small and incompatible with my other jewellery. I'm glad you're taking some time-out for a moment's breather to think about the purchase and make sure it is something that you 100% want and 100% are going to wear. It's a shame that your Lotus earrings are not being aired out. One final thing I'd like to say is that the 5-magic Alhambra pave bracelet is going to be VERY blingy and VERY recognisable/ noticeable. May I ask what is the reason you're not wearing the Lotus earrngs more often? Is it bc they're too blingy? You'd have the same "issue" with the 5-motif Alhambra pave bracelet, as nice an "issue" as it would be.

(I was actually going to suggest a non-branded tennis bracelet, if that's what you'd like to wear to work, to wear daily).

Just my 2 cents.

Hi Phoenix: Thank you for your advice!!! Yes I know i sound very conflicting, lol!!
I have thin earlobes and short hair and earrings really stand out on me and since they are in direct vision and super visible on me I feel very uncomfortable with this kind of bling at work and every day. This is why I really considered the Tiffany tennis bracelet or the 6 motif VCA. I actually find the 6 motif super cute and great for every day but I understand why everyone says wait for the 5 motif. The 5 motif truly is just spectacular!! I was hoping I could get away with the 6 motif but when I tried it on, I do agree it is a wee too small and not something I will love as the years go by. So since the 5 motif would be my special piece and since I know it isn't a 'practical' choice, I am going to just sit and wait on it.

I know how you feel about pushy SA. Mine was really pushing the YG frivoles on me. Yes I understand they are beautiful and I still want them - but given how little I wear my lotus, I don't think pave frivoles would get any more mileage. He knows this and I kept telling him what my wish was for my current purchases but I could tell he didn't fully agree.

The Lotus earrings really are beautiful and I have no regrets. They are just not for me for everyday. However I tried them on yesterday after not wearing them for a year and I actually really do love them! I think I am going to make the effort to wear them this summer a bit more often.

By the way, I saw your post on the flower lace earrings - great choice!!! These are simply stunning.

Thanks for your input. I don't think there are many on this forum that have the 6 motif pave. I really appreciate that you shared your experience as it also helped me move in a wiser direction in my next purchase. xo

Hi Ladies,

I feel a bit conflicted and wondering if I could get some expert opinion here :smile:

I am dreaming of a beautiful pave bracelet. My dream would be the vintage alhambra pave bracelet, but the price tag is a bit intimidating. I want it for casual wear - not for work, but for weekends where I am running around. I want it pretty but not too eye catching that it draws unwanted attention as I like to be under the radar a bit. Now not sure if pave is the right choice for under the radar but since it is a bracelet, it is not as obvious as pave earrings or pave necklace. Ok, I am rambling.

I am trying to decide between:
1. Pave 6 motif sweet bracelet
2. Vintage alhambra 5 motif pave
3. Tiffany Victoria line bracelet

The sweet is a great price point and not too obvious. It is the lowest price point of the three.
The Tiffany price point is in between the sweet and the vintage, and I think it is so so pretty!!!
The Vintage pave - well there are no words, it is just breathtaking. But I am worried about wearing it everyday as if I lost it, I would certainly be in tears. It also does stand out a lot. I don't want jewelry that will sit in its box and taken out for special occasions. I don't want to waste my years saving my jewelry for some 'special occasion'.

I would really love some expert opinion here.
Thanks in advance!!!:heart: View attachment 3689372View attachment 3689373View attachment 3689374

I vote for the 5 motif Pave VA! I am also considering this piece for next year. Tried it on when I picked up my Butterfly ring and I loved it. Here's some photos I took, I prefer WG Pave on me. I bought the sweets Pave single motif last year which I actually wear a lot as a layering piece but decided against the 6 motif sweets as I would prefer the VA size. It really helped to scratch that itch if you know what I mean lol IMG_1494164803.548062.jpgIMG_1494165002.399949.jpg

I vote for the 5 motif Pave VA! I am also considering this piece for next year. Tried it on when I picked up my Butterfly ring and I loved it. Here's some photos I took, I prefer WG Pave on me. I bought the sweets Pave single motif last year which I actually wear a lot as a layering piece but decided against the 6 motif sweets as I would prefer the VA size. It really helped to scratch that itch if you know what I mean lol View attachment 3691388View attachment 3691391

Oh geez Natalie, those bracelets look simply stunning on you:smile:) Yes I know exactly what you mean, and it's better to wait for what you want then settle. Your VCA collection is truly stunning btw!!!

Reactions: Sparkledolll
I vote for the 5 motif Pave VA! I am also considering this piece for next year. Tried it on when I picked up my Butterfly ring and I loved it. Here's some photos I took, I prefer WG Pave on me. I bought the sweets Pave single motif last year which I actually wear a lot as a layering piece but decided against the 6 motif sweets as I would prefer the VA size. It really helped to scratch that itch if you know what I mean lol View attachment 3691388View attachment 3691391
Wow! Stunning stacks! [emoji173]

Reactions: Sparkledolll