• Keep

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manelieht

Apr 1, 2014
The story is a bit complicated but bear with me please :flowers:.

I always wanted a MAB Mini really badly because the design was just something so classic and unique to me.
In Germany it is difficult to get your hands on a good MAB Mini and I dread dealing with customs ever again. One day I was lucky to find it on a German website (for a higher price but oh well..)

Since my finances have not been the best (disabled since 2017 with a sudden onset of neurological lyme after a lumbar puncture), I have been selling things.

A month ago I decided to list my MAB Mini (like new) for a rather high price on Ebay. I just felt like I could not give it away for cheap.

Due to my illness I did not get to enjoy wearing it. At first I was bedridden for a half year, and later being able to walk again I had to pick small, light and uncomplicated bags.
Also, I kept being unsure whether my bag's hardware (shiny goldtone) works for me and the leather was stiffer and thicker than previous models. So it does not have that carefree, slouchy look when worn. I kept thinking that maybe in the future I'd prefer another MAB Mini with silver or brassy hardware and softer leather in a lighter shade. But these bags are getting increasingly rare! And mine really is of amazing quality (I have had a few RM's and not all were good)...

To top it off I am mostly recovered by now thanks to a great doctor, some natural remedies...and now a pregnancy (yes pregnancy heals lyme!) that caused me to feel almost normal.

Now I am having these thoughts of using the MAB Mini as a diaper bag and work bag, which I intended before I got ill.

I have returned a RM Mini MAC in neon pink years ago and I regret it to this day. I don't want this to be the same.

Now I think my 2 options are:

1. Sell the bag for a good price and hope to find a used alternative Mini MAB

2. Keep the bag and wait until I can afford a second, slouchier MAB Mini. Then have 2 MAB's...an elegant and a slouchy one (lol) :hrmm:

Your thoughts would be very appreciated. I don't think anyone else could understand the MAB dilemma :sad:.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181122-235621_mh1542933469244.jpg
    Screenshot_20181122-235621_mh1542933469244.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 20181122_161923_mh1543005816504.jpg
    20181122_161923_mh1543005816504.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot_20181122-235613_mh1542928145135.jpg
    Screenshot_20181122-235613_mh1542928145135.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 20181122_161900_mh1543005776703.jpg
    20181122_161900_mh1543005776703.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot_20181122-235625_mh1542932193502.jpg
    Screenshot_20181122-235625_mh1542932193502.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 258
it looks nice
black zipper track?
as far as the gold HW, that's a preference.....I generally like silver better but on some bags I like gold
I think if you want something to use as a diaper bag I full size MA would be better.....I think those are harder to find.

I can't tell you what to do. If you think you can get all your money back selling it, maybe give it a try.

Reactions: Manelieht
it looks nice
black zipper track?
as far as the gold HW, that's a preference.....I generally like silver better but on some bags I like gold
I think if you want something to use as a diaper bag I full size MA would be better.....I think those are harder to find.

I can't tell you what to do. If you think you can get all your money back selling it, maybe give it a try.

I have had it listed for two months and no interest despite even going down with the price. I think people expect to get it for 70 bucks these days :/

I am very much a small bag person and always end up having too little to fill the bag ^^. I think this size is more than enough. I used my Fossil Sasha Satchel as a diaper bag before and it is smaller even.

The zipper track is black yes. I have always admired the blue zipper track models but they seem nonexistent.
At times I am able to make Gold hardware work, but I just have less outfits and jewelry to match it with.

I have had it listed for two months and no interest despite even going down with the price. I think people expect to get it for 70 bucks these days :/

I am very much a small bag person and always end up having too little to fill the bag ^^. I think this size is more than enough. I used my Fossil Sasha Satchel as a diaper bag before and it is smaller even.

The zipper track is black yes. I have always admired the blue zipper track models but they seem nonexistent.
At times I am able to make Gold hardware work, but I just have less outfits and jewelry to match it with.
It's certainly a beautiful bag although it does look rather heavy. If it's only going to sell for a fraction of the money you paid for it, I'd keep it. You may find that somewhere in the future you'll adore the bag in the black and gold colors (check out Hermès lovers for example) and be glad you kept it. Good luck deciding.

If you can't get close to what you paid for it, maybe you should just use it. I don't really worry much about jewelry and bag HW clashing.

It's certainly a beautiful bag although it does look rather heavy. If it's only going to sell for a fraction of the money you paid for it, I'd keep it. You may find that somewhere in the future you'll adore the bag in the black and gold colors (check out Hermès lovers for example) and be glad you kept it. Good luck deciding.

Yes, I was thinking I might be able to make it work. I do have lots of elegant clothing for daily wear too, just I guess I have not figured out how to apply my ideas.
I have another RM in black and gold and it never bothered me there either (small satchel)

If you can't get close to what you paid for it, maybe you should just use it. I don't really worry much about jewelry and bag HW clashing.

I should truly stop paying so much attention to jewelry color or just invest in some decent gold filled or gold steel jewelry, which does not cost a fortune :P
I paid close to 500 Euros and it seems no one would even pay a small fraction of that.

I even thought about putting some items inside and hanging it so it can "break in" a bit...as well as stopping to stuff it with paper (I tend to stuff my bags well to keep the shape but maybe I should not here)
may as well use it and break it in that way...if you don't love it after using for awhile and want to take a loss, maybe try selling then

I even thought about putting some items inside and hanging it so it can "break in" a bit...as well as stopping to stuff it with paper (I tend to stuff my bags well to keep the shape but maybe I should not here)
LOTS of women here break in their bags that way, including me!

She's a beauty, I say keep! RM resale will probably never be the way it used to be.
I noticed that just now. A few years ago these bags were selling for decent prices. Now a few ragged leftovers are being sold for 70 :/...

may as well use it and break it in that way...if you don't love it after using for awhile and want to take a loss, maybe try selling then
I will definitely start using it often now and maybe it will develop the character I wanted.

LOTS of women here break in their bags that way, including me!
Haha, it already looks a bit better. I just loaded it with random item and hung it.

Reactions: Tracy and Shelby33
I love the bag! And I love your story, glad you are feeling better!
I say keep it, enjoy it and use it in good health!
But if you would like to sell it, I’ll buy it lol! I love it and never had a MAB

I love the bag! And I love your story, glad you are feeling better!
I say keep it, enjoy it and use it in good health!
But if you would like to sell it, I’ll buy it lol! I love it and never had a MAB

Thank you :smile: I have started to use it and stopped stuffing it. That already gave it a bit of a slouch.
I will likely not sell it for now but if I do in the future I will let you know!

Reactions: missconvy