Confirmed? verified addresses...cant people read???!!!

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Does anyone have this problem? I state in my listing confirmed and verified paypal addresses ony and the last last two payments are from non verified accounts. I dont even know what to do. Should I just accept? The last one was 180 pounds. Is that too risky?

I have in the past gone thru this too..I don't know why people can't read.

I have always refunded the money, yes it is too risky beacuse you could lose the money and your item.

If they leave a negative (luckily all my buyers were understanding) that's better then losing everything.

No.....I would put it in larger letters in your listing and tell them that you reserve the right to cancel their bids, if they don't comply with your terms....

Lets get the sellers back in the drivers seat!!!!!

I only realised I was unverified recently and have gone through the stages of getting confirmed. I think if the item isnt that expensive (less than £100 maybe) and their feedback is pretty good then I wouldn't worry. But obviously the seller doesnt have any protection.

I believe Paypal's new rules/seller protection policy state/s that you can ship to any address (confirmed or not) as long as it's the address provided at the time of payment:smile:

That's annoying...I think people can read--it's just that they don't bother to read. So I just get rid of my shipping, return, etc. policies and just put one line of "Pay within 7 days and confirmed addresses only" in giant red so they only have to read just that. I figure they would be too lazy to read a lot and if it's only one line, their human eyes would absorb it and send the message to the brain simply by glancing at it...

I was just going to start a thread on this topic. I just received a payment from Italy non-confirmed. My auction clearly states paypal payment must be confirmed and verified address only or make alternate method of payment. After paying for listing fee, I may even lose because the idiot either didn't read the auction or just don't care. I don' want to loose 250.00 plus shipping, took risky.

Check with paypal before you refund. Last time when I called, I was told that paypal protects for un-verified address as far as that's the address in the paypal payment. I am not sure if this protection only apply for powersellers, or to all the sellers.

Does anyone have this problem? I state in my listing confirmed and verified paypal addresses ony and the last last two payments are from non verified accounts. I dont even know what to do. Should I just accept? The last one was 180 pounds. Is that too risky?

One of the problems is that there are alot of people who don't even know what this means. They don't read up on paypal or bother to even see what it's about. I have had this many times when I have asked people especially who buy alot on ebay. Why they are not so, they just don't even know what it means! I really don't get that all. If they have alot of feedback then I just let it go through.

Carrie

Quick update. The second lady contacted me and said she just got married and moved so she needs to check all her details are updated. I am holding the item until all is OK. She sounds really nice though and I am tempted to just send it.