Confirmed: Black Basketweave with Blue Zipper!!!

From an e-mail received from Alexa at theHipChick just seconds ago:

"Just confirmed with RM, the Basketweave Black MAM and MAB re-cuts WILL have the Blue Zipper track like the originals (will also have newly updated hardware).

There is limited recuts on this bag!

Let us know if we can help further!

Thankyou.
alexa
thehipchick.com"

Thanks sooooo much. I have held out on buying a BBW just so I could find one with the blue zippers. Did they happen to tell you when we will be able to start placing orders?

DRATS!!!! here is the response from Catalina:

UNFORTUNATELY PRODUCTION IS SO CRAZED RIGHT NOW WITH SO MANY PRE ORDERS AND IN SEASON PRODUCTION THAT WE CANNOT OFFER THIS. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.
MAYBE IF YOU WANT TO RETURN IT TO FUNKY LALA AND PURCHASE THE OTHER STYLE AT HIP CHICK...

SINCERELY,
CATALINA

oh well....it was worth a try......

$90 for a zipper! No way... thats outrageous!

Hmmm... pursegirl- heres a thought. You could email Catalina to see if they can send you the blue zipper itself, and then you could take it to a leather repair shop or something, and see if they can swap it out for you....That way it wouldn't technically be disrupting production, you don't have to go thru the return hassle, and STILL get the blue zipper...KWIM?

$90 for a zipper! No way... thats outrageous!

Hmmm... pursegirl- heres a thought. You could email Catalina to see if they can send you the blue zipper itself, and then you could take it to a leather repair shop or something, and see if they can swap it out for you....That way it wouldn't technically be disrupting production, you don't have to go thru the return hassle, and STILL get the blue zipper...KWIM?

that's definately worth thinking about. thanks Desi for the suggestion!

It may be just me but I think the blue zipper wouldn't really go with the new hardware. Anyway, I think the blue zipper is awesome, I just wish it came with the tassels too!