confirm addresses on paypal?

tomato4

Aug 3, 2007
i asked a seller to confirm their address via paypal, and she said she confirmed it. i'm not seeing it on my end of paypal. does it usually take awhile for the update to go through or should it be instantly reflected onto my paypal that shes confirmed?

also, do i need to refund her and ask her to resend the payment? how would she pay me again so that its still linked to the bonanza listing in case anything goes wrong? thanks!

She will need to resend payment in order for her address to show confirmed. I am not sure if there is a way for her to repay again so it is linked to the bonanza listing, sorry.

^ Make sure to ship it to her w/ tracking, delivery confirmation (or signature confirmation if it's over $250) and you shouldn't run into any problems. I find that there are not as many scammers on Bonz than on ebay :smile: Good luck!

btw buyer will receive full amount back when you refund BUT you will be in the negative 0.30 (assuming you keep your paypal account empty) because there's a non-refundable transaction fee.

Addresses don't need to be confirmed.

As long as the paypal payment details page says "okay to ship," you can ship to that address.

Addresses don't need to be confirmed.

As long as the paypal payment details page says "okay to ship," you can ship to that address.

Agreed^^^

Not all country have confirmed addresses, Australia is one of them. As long as the status in PP says "OKAY TO SHIP" Then you'll be covered by PP seller protection.

The buyer was able to confirm her address with Paypal right? If she is able to confirm her address with Paypal, it will show confirmed when she resernds payment. If she is intl and not able to confirm address with paypal, even if she resends it will show unconfirm but Paypal will have it as "Partially eligible for seller protection"

thanks for your help! everything worked out fine and i had her resend the payment.

the address did need to be confirmed so i could be fully eligible. it was marked only partially eligible when she didnt have it confirmed.