Confessions of a Shopaholic

oooh! I love the Shopoholic series. I didn't even know that they were going to make the movie based on the series. I'm so glad because Becky Bloomwood is hilarious. Looking forward to the movie. Thanks for the info, OP!

These books are SO much fun, I wish that I hadn't read them all so fast! I am looking forward to the movie but kind of disappointed they are making her a new yorker. i really liked her as a brit.

I can't wait! And for some reason I see Luke Wilson as Luke.. maybe it's because of the same name LOL. But I could also see Eric Bana (HOT!) or Hugh Jackman.

Oh Hugh Jackman :heart: Then even I'd have to go and watch the movie! But really am I the only one to be annoyed by the fact that the changed the book so much??? I love the books, but Becky is a London gal and London/England and the whole 'britishness' thing is a huge part of what made the books so good! When they take that away, it just completely changes the whole idea :cursing: I don't think it'll be good. It'll just be another glossy and boring hollywood production. Becky should be a brunette for the love of god!

91883460.jpg

AND LOOK AT THOSE CLOTHES! It'll be horrible, horrible, horrible :crybaby:

These books are SO much fun, I wish that I hadn't read them all so fast! I am looking forward to the movie but kind of disappointed they are making her a new yorker. i really liked her as a brit.

Wow I guess the film is going to be completely different to the book then! Some of the jokes won't work for a start if they've turned her into an American.

I have also read all the books. It looks as if Becky Bloomwood is going to be a New Yorker, and not from England. Possibly, they are merging books one and two.

Wait, I am confused about how they are doing this! Is her character not going to be British at all? What about her family and everything? Or are they going to set the first movie in New York. I'm so confused, LOL!

I loved the books too! I pictured Becky as a Bridget Jones type - pretty but not too pretty, cute, but a little awkward and unsure of herself, and don't know how they can turn her into a NYer! Ugh! When I read them, I pictured Luke as a young Robert Redford type (like Barefoot in the Park).