Confessions of a Chloe Girl...(fun)

Divnanata, I do the same thing, tear out pages of bags. I actually have a folder of various looks/bags, etc.
Re: fixating on the pics, or visualzation. I completely agree, if one can visualize something strongly enough, one will figure out how to make it happen. "What the mind can believe, can be achieved"

I just recently read The Secret...gonna start my own folder and concentrate on the bags every night before I go to sleep!

Confession:
Sometimes I feel bad because my friends or family can't afford to carry the bags I do. Anyone else?

I feel bad because people think they have the right to tell me how i should spend my money... Sometimes I try not to take a designer bag when i am meeting certain friends, or i will tell them it was a bargain or got it from a seconds seller...

In most cases, however, they wouldn't know it was a Chloe even if it landed on their heads... :graucho:

I am going to be in trouble now with my latest purchase (mini Paddy, still to arrive) since I bought another flashy bag one month ago which went fairly unnoticed, but two beautiful bags will be too much...:girlsigh:

I feel bad because people think they have the right to tell me how i should spend my money... Sometimes I try not to take a designer bag when i am meeting certain friends, or i will tell them it was a bargain or got it from a seconds seller...

In most cases, however, they wouldn't know it was a Chloe even if it landed on their heads... :graucho:

I am going to be in trouble now with my latest purchase (mini Paddy, still to arrive) since I bought another flashy bag one month ago which went fairly unnoticed, but two beautiful bags will be too much...:girlsigh:

Humph, I beg to differ:graucho:.. ^^^^^^

I'm laughing over your line where Chloe, even with a head whack is obscure. Where I live they don't even have knockoffs. I never have to explain my bags because a highend bag in mid, rural America isn't even in people's vocabulary?

The fact that so many of us stare at every mirrow and window we pass has sent me into a frenzy of looking at my reflection in show windows...

Unfortunately, there are so many bars and restaurants here in Madrid that I have to be very careful not to stare at their windows, because I get "ogled back" by male customers (you know, Spanish machos have to live up to their reputation...) and it is rather embarrasing...

When I make a mistake and I am staring at a bar window with plenty of men, I have to be very quick to erase the silly smile I get when I think how good my bag looks, look ahead and quicken my pace...

One of this days I am going to get into trouble ... I'll keep you posted...

mariabdc are you from Spain or a foreigner living in that country? I find all the ladies on this board utterly fascinating. Anyway your descriptions of window watching and the machismo participants in their 'establishments' was a hoot. Also what cracks me up, women like to look at women as much as men do (especially when it comes to ourselves and sporting fabulous designer purses)!

mariabdc are you from Spain or a foreigner living in that country? I find all the ladies on this board utterly fascinating. Anyway your descriptions of window watching and the machismo participants in their 'establishments' was a hoot. Also what cracks me up, women like to look at women as much as men do (especially when it comes to ourselves and sporting fabulous designer purses)!

I am Spanish and I live in Madrid, though I've also lived in the UK and US... Happy times...
The problem when you look at your reflection here and its a bar packed with men is that you may get shouted a compliment, which may be nice if you are lucky. Some men cant do anything better than expressing their sexual intentions... no matter whether the object of their desire dislikes or snubs them... They just have to blurt it out... But I am very good at pulling a straight face and strutting past them...
Anyway, being ogled at by women isnt risky, since it is very unlikely to get a flirtatious comment from them... they will just think I am vain, but they'll keep it to themselves...

I also love the ladies in this subforum... It's fun to be here...

Funny you should say that about women looking at other women. My husband did not believe me when I told him that most women would rather impress other women than men. My logic is that if a guy thinks I look good, okay...(nice to know) but if a woman does...I'm smokin'.:P

When I get a new bag home, I run into the closet to coordinate outfits that I want to wear to show it off at its best. This, unfortunately, leads to huge piles and the constant hang, pull off, re-hang, try on again cycle to make sure my bag is properly "accessorized"

The first time I carry a new bag, the outfit has to match it perfectly...can't be wearing something that will clash with my purse. For example, my new rouge paddy was worn with an all black outfit so the purse would stand out. Alas, much like Susieserb I also live in a REALLY rural area so other than me....there aren't really many people who care about my bag.

I have always told DH when I buy a new bag, he knows how much my bags cost so I wouldn't try to sneak one past him- he would spot it straight away! But I have just bought a Chloe bracelet bag and haven't mentioned it yet, I am trying to work out how to break the news and how much to say it cost :graucho:.

The fact that so many of us stare at every mirrow and window we pass has sent me into a frenzy of looking at my reflection in show windows...

Unfortunately, there are so many bars and restaurants here in Madrid that I have to be very careful not to stare at their windows, because I get "ogled back" by male customers (you know, Spanish machos have to live up to their reputation...) and it is rather embarrasing...

When I make a mistake and I am staring at a bar window with plenty of men, I have to be very quick to erase the silly smile I get when I think how good my bag looks, look ahead and quicken my pace...

One of this days I am going to get into trouble ... I'll keep you posted...

Maria, I love hearing stories like that too!

In my city, you're probably safe admire your (bag's!) reflection in a pub window. Most of the blokes here would find it hard to tear their gaze from the sport on TV! :roflmfao:

I want to come to Spain! :hysteric: