Confessions of a Chloe Girl...(fun)

Confession:
Sometimes I feel bad because my friends or family can't afford to carry the bags I do. Anyone else?
Yep....Sometime before meeting up with certain friends I will make sure that the bag I am carrying is one that they have seen before. That way I don't feel guilty about having bought a new one. And I have some friends who just don't "get" my purse obsession. That is why I LOVE this place....I can talk about purses all I want....and no one give me "the look"

Yep....Sometime before meeting up with certain friends I will make sure that the bag I am carrying is one that they have seen before. That way I don't feel guilty about having bought a new one. And I have some friends who just don't "get" my purse obsession. That is why I LOVE this place....I can talk about purses all I want....and no one give me "the look"

I used to worry about what others thought and feel kinda guilty, but I stopped. I figure everyone around me has about as much money as I do if not more and we all just decide to spend our money differently....fancy cars, fancy digital cameras, home improvement to the max, etc...etc...

Ok, for something a little more juicy...I treat my bags like people and I feel guilty if one of them was taken out for a while so I take her out...

mirror thing here too, quick look with me holding my bag if i pass one. When im in my Chloe mood i love to take all my paddingtons out and just stare! I also pick the right day to carry a virgin Chloe bag! Oh and the smell mmm its right up there with baked goods! gotta go make love to my bags now..lol just kidding

Golly I've used the, "I've had this purse in my closet for months" routine on my DH all the time. Only he's not buying it anymore (that dog don't hunt saga). He'll exclaim you say that all the time, how come I've never seen that purse (new top, or boots, or pants, or ring, or necklace) before, oh oh.

It use to be he never paid attention to my clothes (I hardly ever bought any) but he would scour the house for a new antique since that was my prior obsession. As my house filled up, I had to move on to another sickness hence purses. At first hubby was clueless but he's not stupid and soon caught on to my new passion.

Our son has taken up the trombone and we had to purchase one for his band classes. Well those things cost as much as a purse! I was grousing over the bill (hello I had a bag to pay for) when DH scolded me by saying, "You have a closet full of purses and how much are they? 500 dollars a piece?" (gulp more I'm thinking) that's when I knew He KNEW!:tdown: Which means I'm the stupid one, LOL!!:Push:

I would never put my bags on the floor. I was once at a restaurant bar, my Chloe on the counter, and the server "suggested" for me to place it on the footrail thingy or on the floor instead - excuuuse me, I don't think so!

Gosh, i love this thread!

I agree... I would rather juggle and lose balance and look like an idiot than leave my bags touch the floor..:P

I will try and sleep with one of my bags next time DH is on duty... I was thinking about getting myself one of those German towel toys that my children love, so a bag would be undoubtedly much better...:yes:

i did the mirror thing too!
and I rub my paddington lock vigorously everytime it accidentally bump/hit something as if when I just hurt myself, while saying "oohh ohhh...ohh"
hahahahah....pathetic.

I just returned from a shopping trip at the Lake of the Ozarks (outlet stores - I found a fabulous Ralph Lauren ruffled shirt - originally $245 clearenced priced at $20!!! Feels sooo good!) and I see this totally fun post! Thanks imon! Now the sad thing is that I don't do anything 'weird' - LOL! - with the actual purse itself. Okay - maybe some staring while they are propped nearby but that's it. I use them in all sorts of weather and set them down everyplace except public toilet stalls. I never cover them. I've gotten my python wet. You would think I don't love them at all! Hardly the case, though. I do check out myself in mirrors and make sure the outside view is displayed - espcially any padlock hardware. Hellooo - all that money? - LOL! My friends give me a lot of heat and I, too, wear ones they have seen before so as to not encounter the dreaded "ANOTHER ONE?" These girls spend money like water on houses - vacation and primary residences at the same time, boats, remodelings, trips to Europe, cars, country clubs, paying for their kids' residences and expenses - but clothes and bags for themselves? They brag about finding pants and shoes at Wal-Mart. Sigh.