Confessions of a Chanelaholic: A Reveal (and a mini dilemma)

In*LVoe*

Apr 6, 2010
Help!!

My light brown Maxi finally arrived today and it's absolutely gorgeous! It's a true light brown in sunlight and kind of a caramel shade in indoor lighting. I also got the red Jumbo two weeks ago..:love:

These are being welcomed by the rest of my collection, which includes a White/SHW Medium flap, a Light Grey/SHW Jumbo flap, a Beige Claire/GHW Jumbo flap, and a Black/GHW Jumbo flap.

I've attached photos below! :hbeat:

The mini dilemma: is it overkill to have 6 classic flaps in different colors and sizes? I don't have any other Chanel bags (but would like a GST next), and I sold all except three of my Vuittons to fund these and clear up closet space. I also have 2 Gucci bags, a Prada, and a Bottega Venetta, but that's about it.

If I really had to choose, I think I could probably live without the light brown Maxi and the light grey Jumbo.

This isn't really about the money, which would just be put in a savings account, but rather just the concept of having so many colors in the same style. I want them, but I don't need them, and I could live without them if I had to. I would still feel the same amount of content if I just had the 4. I think?

Your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 533
Congrats on your new bags. You have a great collection. Enjoy them and don't overthink about anything. Keep what you like and stop buying if you you think you have enough.

You can never have too many flaps :smile:

I know for me, sometimes it takes me awhile to break into using my new handbags. But once I do, I love them and happy to have them. I'm sure once you start using them and after the next price increase you'll be glad you kept them.

Btw, Congrats on your new flaps! :woohoo:

Congrats on the new bag!!
I think you have a beautiful flap collection. I wouldn't sell any of your flaps unless you absolutely have to. They are hard to come by these days with the crazy price increase. Just keep what you have and maybe add some different style later on.
Congrats again and really love your collection!

You can never have too many flaps :smile:

I know for me, sometimes it takes me awhile to break into using my new handbags. But once I do, I love them and happy to have them. I'm sure once you start using them and after the next price increase you'll be glad you kept them.

Btw, Congrats on your new flaps! :woohoo:

Thank you! I used to say the same thing about never having too many flaps :love: You're right about the price increases, most of mine have already gone up 1k than what I paid for them. I know that I'll probably regret it later if I returned them now.

Congrats on the new bag!!
I think you have a beautiful flap collection. I wouldn't sell any of your flaps unless you absolutely have to. They are hard to come by these days with the crazy price increase. Just keep what you have and maybe add some different style later on.
Congrats again and really love your collection!

Thanks so much!! You've made me feel much better about it :hugs: I could just stop buying flaps after this point and choose a different style next time, such as the GST!

WOW I love all your flaps.. I think you may regret selling any. I really used to be obsessed with LV but now I am considering selling some of my collection too to fund some more chanel and hermes items ...

WOW I love all your flaps.. I think you may regret selling any. I really used to be obsessed with LV but now I am considering selling some of my collection too to fund some more chanel and hermes items ...

Thanks, and you should absolutely do it!! It was honestly the best thing I ever did and I don't regret it one bit. LV bags are fun, but my Chanel flaps make me feel a way that they never could..:love:

I don't think you have too many. You have a nice collection of colors and the bags are classic and timeless. As long as they are colors you know you will use in the future, you should keep them all.

It's not overkill at all. At least you've discovered your favourite bag design. It's actually nice to see someone able to coordinate different outfits with the same bag (but in different colours). And this bag will be in style forever, so you won't look unfashionable with it years later.