Confession time: So sorry I've cheated...

My new baby, the Salvatore Ferragamo Sofia, small size, black pebbled leather, and silver hardware. :love: My paternal grandmother was a stylish lady who wore Ferragamo shoes, so having a Ferragamo bag reminds me of her. I lusted after Sofias in their heyday, but I couldn't afford one back then.

For the past several months, I patiently stalked the resale sites until my HG appeared, and the wait was worth it because she's pristine, with zero signs of wear and new-bag-smell galore! :yahoo:

I think she was just living unloved in a closet, biding her time to come to me...

IMG_0728.jpeg

Now I need to get a TODs bag, so I can be just like @jburgh!

My new baby, the Salvatore Ferragamo Sofia, small size, black pebbled leather, and silver hardware. :love: My paternal grandmother was a stylish lady who wore Ferragamo shoes, so having a Ferragamo bag reminds me of her. I lusted after Sofias in their heyday, but I couldn't afford one back then.

For the past several months, I patiently stalked the resale sites until my HG appeared, and the wait was worth it because she's pristine, with zero signs of wear and new-bag-smell galore! :yahoo:

I think she was just living unloved in a closet, biding her time to come to me...

View attachment 5059985

Now I need to get a TODs bag, so I can be just like @jburgh!
Beauty! Tod’s D bags are one of my all time favorite designs

Reactions: jbags07
Cheating by going all the way back to where my fondness for bags started: Coach. This is the Swinger in rouge.

Larger than the small pouch but smaller than the Nodini. Comes with detachable shoulder and crossbody straps.View attachment 5074212
Funny how a lot of us started with Coach. :smile:

This is beautiful :love:

I also started with Coach! I blame my DH who gifted me a Coach Patricia Legacy for my birthday back in the mid 90's - which by the way I am using today :biggrin:.

I'm a big fan of the dramatic brushstroke paintings by Jamie Nares (formerly James Nares), so when Coach collaborated with Nares back in 2012, of course I lusted after the limited edition totes. At the time I was a starving grad student and couldn't afford them, but I finally nabbed my favorite one--the black and white-- a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately it's a beast of a tote, like the size of a beach bag, and it weighs like 5 pounds empty. You could fit a toddler in this thing. *sigh* It's sooo beautiful... but I can't carry it regularly at all, and it's too posh for the beach, so really my only option is to use it as aesthetic storage.

I don't have a great display spot for it at home, so I'm experimenting with putting it in my office to hold a blanket. My office is cleaner than my house (no cat hair!), and I get to enjoy seeing it at work several times a week.

I want to ask y'all: am I crazy for doing that? I've never had a theft in the 10ish years I've been in my office suite, and I keep my office locked when I step away. But facilities and janitorial staff, or someone who borrows the building's master key, could gain access. Or I could accidentally leave my office unlocked (very unlikely since the door is default-set to lock when shut). There's a subtle embossing on one top-handle indicating it's Coach, but I have that handle facing the wall. I doubt that many people would recognize for what it is, as being a nearly $1k bag.

Is it worth the risk to enjoy the bag? Or should I just sell it and put the funds into a piggy bank to maybe buy a Nares print in umpteen years?

1632176845687.png

I'm a big fan of the dramatic brushstroke paintings by Jamie Nares (formerly James Nares), so when Coach collaborated with Nares back in 2012, of course I lusted after the limited edition totes. At the time I was a starving grad student and couldn't afford them, but I finally nabbed my favorite one--the black and white-- a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately it's a beast of a tote, like the size of a beach bag, and it weighs like 5 pounds empty. You could fit a toddler in this thing. *sigh* It's sooo beautiful... but I can't carry it regularly at all, and it's too posh for the beach, so really my only option is to use it as aesthetic storage.

I don't have a great display spot for it at home, so I'm experimenting with putting it in my office to hold a blanket. My office is cleaner than my house (no cat hair!), and I get to enjoy seeing it at work several times a week.

I want to ask y'all: am I crazy for doing that? I've never had a theft in the 10ish years I've been in my office suite, and I keep my office locked when I step away. But facilities and janitorial staff, or someone who borrows the building's master key, could gain access. Or I could accidentally leave my office unlocked (very unlikely since the door is default-set to lock when shut). There's a subtle embossing on one top-handle indicating it's Coach, but I have that handle facing the wall. I doubt that many people would recognize for what it is, as being a nearly $1k bag.

Is it worth the risk to enjoy the bag? Or should I just sell it and put the funds into a piggy bank to maybe buy a Nares print in umpteen years?

View attachment 5200113
Idk if you keep it on the office floor for storage you may want to rethink it. I’ve recently parted with a medium Rogue tote because of the weight, killed me but I replaced it with a purple BV croc wallet that I love and use. You will figure it out. Good luck :smile:

Reactions: Euclase

View attachment 5200113
I love it but if you are not going to use it you might think about what you really want using the funds to be that much closer to it.

Reactions: Euclase
Thank you all for your feedback, @weezer, @Nibb, and @girlhasbags! I've decided to keep her in my office for now. She just makes me so happy, and I've already gotten a compliment on her from a colleague (who has an art background)! The DH and I aren't at that life stage yet where we'd be willing to display a Nares print in our home, so since that may be decades away, and since life is short, I'm going to keep the bag for now to get my Nares fix while I'm at work! :lol:

@Nibb, I promise my office is immaculate, and the bag has a thick and durable black leather base. It would be more likely to get dirty at home with dust and cat hair and such.