Confess your BNWT bags!

Food Fash Fit

Jun 27, 2013
I stalk the preowned sites quite often, and it's shocking how many times I see bags that have been out of the shops for a while in 'BNWT' condition. Great for second hand buyers, but it got me thinking - how many of us have brand new bags we've never carried?

My confession is my blue suede gem-studded Lily. I love her so much but I'm scared of rubbing the suede off or marking here. I bought her last year and she's still in the dust bag... :P I've also never carried my new to me Carter in silky snake... But I couldn't tell you why not!

I feel ashamed when I remember its just sat there doing nothing , I have an oak darwin knightsbridge sat with its tags on , I bought it from a fellow mulberry addict on ebay who had done exactly the same as me and not used it, I tell myself that's its because I have 2 young children so need a messenger style bag x

Mine often sit bnwt until it is their month to be used. I currently have a slate small del Rey, M pink bays and a mini bluebell Alexa in this condition waiting for their turn. In short, I have too many bags!

I purchased my Bayswater Tote from Bicester last July, and since then I've only used it 3 times. My Dorset has only been used once and I bought her 2 months ago.

I think it is normal not to use them everyday. For example, I am a student. I am reluctant to carry them at the university out of fear of what other students will say. I am the one who paid for them. I have worked for the past 4 years during breaks and during vacations, and while other students spend their savings on alcohol and clubs and travelling, I buy bags. I don't just their choices, directly at least, in reference to the booze and the clubbing, but they feel entitled to tell me I am stupid for spending so much money on a bag! Sometimes, I do carry them at careers' events at the university, but even then I am slightly worried about being called a brat etc. ...

Another reason, for me, is the weather! Even though I spray them with collonil and also use the cream, I am terrified of them being damaged! I was planning to use my Dorset 4 times last week, but whenever I woke up on the day, it was raining!!

Eek! This thread should be called "bagaholics anonymous"

Small DR black grainy print.... Still has all the plastic bits on it. I tried to rotate on a monthly basis and just hadn't got to it, was about to when BF tassel Lexi arrived.

Daria hobo not used once since January when it had its plaque and zip replaced - ok so not BNwT but has been rebuilt to some extent ;)

BF tassel keyring - still in its box

Confession over! On the road to recovery as this really was a reality check

I do wonder too, how many really are BNwT?

I'm guilty as well. My pink croc nappa lily, onion haircalf lily, pebble beige lily, plaster pink ss lily,medium deer brown lily, DB bayswater, oak SBS are all unused. A few other have only been carried once or twice

I currently have an oak bayswater that has been sitting in get dustbag for about 3 mths now! I know I should get her out and use her but scared of it raining here!

Use collonil waterstop spray - it's amazing. Your bag may look wet if it rains but the spray prevents any water marks . I use it on my Louis vuitton and I just love it :biggrin:

Hmmm my exotic tweed cecily,plaster pink lily both still have plastic one and have been used once each i think...ss flame alexa mostly carried literally in the car and into another house where she was propped up on a cushion...
Having a baby I feel I've justified this to myself, as day to day now I need a crossbody bag for convenience!

Ooh interesting thread! I've still not used my raspberry bayswater, my first ever mulberry bought June last year. She's still in her dust bag and only been brought out to admire :-/ silly really as I bought a mock croc chocolate bays at a fab price on ebay and love using her for work. I think I'm not as bothered about using her because she cost half of what I paid for the raspberry bays and won't mark as easily. I keep telling myself I'll use my other bays once the weather picks up. ..but don't know....