Condom lubricant popular acne cure for Cambodian women (WTF???)

bibliophile

Newly obsessed
Mar 27, 2008
Just thought I'd share this. It really made my day :smile: (after my colleagues looked at me askance for laughing hysterically for a full minute!)

PHNOM PENH, Aug 28, 2008 (AFP) - A condom lubricant designed for sex workers and gay men has become a popular acne cure among female
Cambodians, women in the capital and local media said Thursday.

Number One Plus, a water-based lubricant produced by health organisation Population Services International (PSI), is an excellent cure for acne, 29-year-old vendor Tep Kemyoeurn told AFP.

“After I used it for three days, all of my acne dried up and went away,” she said. “Many people believe in it,” she added.

Khen Vanny, 29, from Phnom Penh, told AFP that women of all ages have taken to using the lubricant to get rid of spots.

“It is very effective. Some people don’t believe in it but people who do really get a good result,” she said, adding: “My youngest sister and my aunt use it too.” Another woman told Khmer-language Kampuchea Thmey newspaper that she had used many kinds of medicine to treat acne but none had worked.

“After that my friends, who- A condom
lubricant designed for sex workers and gay men has become a popular acne cure among female Cambodians, women in the capital and local media said Thursday.

Number One Plus, a water-based lubricant produced by health organisation Population Services International (PSI), is an excellent cure for acne, 29-year-old vendor Tep Kemyoeurn told AFP. "After I used it for three days, all of my acne dried up and went away," she said. "Many people believe in it," she added.

Khen Vanny, 29, from Phnom Penh, told AFP that women of all ages have taken to using the lubricant to get rid of spots. "It is very effective. Some people don't believe in it but people who do really get a good result," she said, adding: "My youngest sister and my aunt use it too." Another woman told Khmer-language Kampuchea Thmey newspaper that she had used many kinds of medicine to treat acne but none had worked.

"After that my friends, who work at garment factories in Phnom Penh, advised me to apply the lubricant from Number One Plus condoms on my face every night," she told the paper.

"And just within three to four nights, the acne on my face gradually and then totally disappeared," she added. A vendor near a factory in the coastal city of Sihanoukville told the newspaper that she sold packets of Number One Plus lubricant for 500 riels (12 cents) to many women every day.

The paper urged experts to conduct research about the phenomenon.
PSI were not immediately available for comment on the apparent cosmetic benefits of their product.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g8QNmqz2PaDX9cfUrfa_4NLiD8dw

Last edited:

ShimmaPuff

Sentient IMBUSILE
Oct 12, 2006
Earth
So what's the active ingredient? And how much does it cost and where can we all get some to try?

Laugh if you want, but we live in a world where Monistat Chafing Gel makes a better face primer than the fancy $40 a pop stuff, and a powder developed as a solution for African men with fractious follicles turns out to be a cheap and pain-free road to a silky smooth va-jay-jay, so there is no reason to doubt that condom lubricant vanquishes zits.

aquablueness

Whale Tail!
O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
Bay Area, California
i'd honestly try it....

i mean, it's labeled as a "condom lubricant", yeah, pretty shocking to tell anyone that you're putting condum lubricant on your face, but if they change the name to "acne cure" and had this many known mad rave reviews w/research supporting it, i'm sure it would fly mad off the shelves.

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
The craft room.
So what's the active ingredient? And how much does it cost and where can we all get some to try?

Laugh if you want, but we live in a world where Monistat Chafing Gel makes a better face primer than the fancy $40 a pop stuff, and a powder developed as a solution for African men with fractious follicles turns out to be a cheap and pain-free road to a silky smooth va-jay-jay, so there is no reason to doubt that condom lubricant vanquishes zits.
For sure!! I'm thinking the same thing!! Shoot, I don't need fancy packaging, if it works it works!! :tup:

Cheryl

Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
Tampa, Florida
i'd honestly try it....

i mean, it's labeled as a "condom lubricant", yeah, pretty shocking to tell anyone that you're putting condum lubricant on your face, but if they change the name to "acne cure" and had this many known mad rave reviews w/research supporting it, i'm sure it would fly mad off the shelves.
:roflmfao:

socaltrojan

Cupcake Lover <3
O.G.
Aug 12, 2006

HAHA! Right on Shimma!

You should try it and be the first to let us know how it works! :P

I'd try it after some people post reviews! :roflmfao:

Jan 20, 2006
Fidalgo Island

...and don't forget hemorroid cream for a face moisturizer and puffy eyes. Some women (and men) swear by it. Instead of a 130.00 eye complex, read for the Preparation H !

MissTiss

Shopping Issues
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
tPF rocks my stripey socks!

Please tell me where I can find a published book of your posts. I just love you, Shimma!

Hell Yes! I sure would use this. Anything that works. I wonder how they figured out it works...who was the first brave soul. And why is it only designed for sex workers and gay men. No at home couples use?