Conditioning leather Madeline...problems??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a medium Madeline tote in Bronze today (with PCE) and as soon as I came home, I conditioned and sprayed it with a water protectant. Then I decided to search tPF for threads on this gorgeous bag... Well, I found one about leather stretching out after it was conditioned (sides losing its shape, the zipper getting "wavy", etc...).

If you own a Madeline, have you conditioned it? Have you had any problems??? I'm so worried now! I should have searched tPF first and then conditioned it! I absolutely love this bag and love the structure... I don't want it to lose its shape! :sad:

2. I conditioned my Madeline and had not issues because of the conditioning. It looks geat!

However, I think it should be noted that any leather will soften with extended use. I have noticed that my large Madeline is getting a tiny bit "wavy" since I have used it a lot - it seems to be forming a little bit of a curvature where it rests against my body - I always carry it on the same shoulder, so it seems to be forming to my body a bit. I do not think it is a flaw at all, though. Leather is a flexible, breathable material that naturally wil always break in to some extent as it gets worn. I wouldn't worry about it ever getting floppy - it will stay structured - but it may start to curve a bit depending on how you carry it.

Enjoy your new bag - the bronze is gorgeous, and the Madelines are so easy to stay organized in! :tup:

3. ^^^ They are extremely easy to stay organized in!!!! I like to keep my stuff in certain order (for when I need to find something inside really quickly) and this bag is perfect for that! Thank you for your response!